• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Wrong Call made in move to fire Heath

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  2,400
  • Days Won:  5

53 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

That all may be true but watching USF play three games in the NCAAT from the Bellagio with hundreds of other adoptive USF fans was a great experience. Stan gave me that memory.

I Actually met a few actual USF fans years before at the Venitian, when Seth was coach and we always dreamed of the day USF would actually if ever make the tourney.  Nothing like the opening weekend in Vegas.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

5 hours ago, PCBull14 said:

No one is scoffing at anything, the facts are the facts.History book still has a big L in the column for that home NIT game. Go ask the coach at UCF what NIT games do for you. He actually won the **** thing twice and was still fired.

The right decision was made to fire him. As I stated before and many times, what he did here coaching wise for ONE season was solid imo. Recruiting here under him was pretty good. I don't think many here would disagree with the talent we had lined up. 

The problem coaching and X's and O's. Five dismal seasons, one decent season, and one good season. That gets you fired I don't care where you're coaching, especially the last two seasons being as bad as they were. Its not rocket science, it's rather simple actually. 

I'm just happy those kids got to play for institutions where they understood the ball is supposed to go in the cylinder as much as possible.  Passing around the perimeter with five seconds on the shot clock is how you get fired. People in the stands knew that, not sure why the coaching staff didn't. 

And during that ONE season, he coached us in games played OFF-Campus.

If anybody deserved to get fired, it was the burial mound...

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Let me get something straight, the NCAAT year was my favorite year of any USF sport, ever. It's not lost on me how well the stars aligned that magic season to have that happen.

Regardless, Heath only had that one good season where he actually won with players he brought in. His other decent year was where he had DoJo. Jones was a generational player, that he inherited. And, that ultra one-dimensional team (which all of his teams were) crashed and burned immediately in the NIT.

I don't think Heath is a bad coach. He just had proven he wasn't going to break .500 more than a couple times a decade. Why bother to keep that around?

Edited by The Great 8

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

5 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

I don't think Heath is a bad coach. He just had proven he wasn't going to break .500 more than a couple times a decade. Why bother to keep that around?

Which is better than the whole of USF history. 

And once we got the facilities he started bringing in better talent. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Wow so many jilted lovers here. Sad! If we all just demanded a little more excellence from our superiors we would be able to hire the greatest coach ever! He (or she) would win so much we would be tired of winning! 

/sarc