• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Wrong Call made in move to fire Heath

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Days Won:  19

Arkansas made the mistake with Heath.   We just followed tradition.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

10 minutes ago, MechanicalBull said:

I should have quoted the original article where Perry suggests that Harlan was behind the firing.

“Coach Heath was on the right track, but when we got (athletic director Mark Harlan), he was big on changing things when he got there, so out the window that went basically.”

I think CP was just expressing his opinion way after the fact. What I heard was that MH told those here that if you're going to fire him, do it now so he could go forward with a coach hunt. Can't believe that MH was that stupid to have brought something like that on himself when he first got here. My guess is CSH would have gotten the one more year to see how it went.

15 minutes ago, MechanicalBull said:

woohoo 1000 posts - only took me 14 years ;-)

You must have a life.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

How many 20+ win seasons does USF Men's basketball have? Who coached those teams?

Lee (1 Sun Belt) 0 NCAA appearances

Bobby (1 Sun Belt)  0-2 NCAA's

Stan (2 Big East)   2-1 NCAA's

People who fail to grasp what Stan did here are pretty much clueless to the "history" of USF basketball. He should have been allowed a third year with all the circumstances following the NCAA year.

Guest PCBull14
9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Lee (1 Sun Belt) 0 NCAA appearances

Bobby (1 Sun Belt)  0-2 NCAA's

Stan (2 Big East)   2-1 NCAA's

People who fail to grasp what Stan did here are pretty much clueless to the "history" of USF basketball. He should have been allowed a third year with all the circumstances following the NCAA year.

No he shouldn't have. Two twenty win seasons, Five under fifteen win seasons, which do you think was coming next? Two under fifteen win seasons after making the NCAA tournament! Hell most don't even get two years with such putrid results.  

Edited by PCBull14

19 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

No he shouldn't have. Two twenty win seasons, Five under fifteen win seasons, which do you think was coming next? Two under fifteen win seasons after making the NCAA tournament! Hell most don't even get two years with such putrid results.  

His first 20 win season came after 2 under 15 win seasons ....

Guest PCBull14
14 minutes ago, Triple B said:

His first 20 win season came after 2 under 15 win seasons ....

Yep the season he had one of the best players in school history and lost a home NIT game. Yep he had to go. 

3 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Yep the season he had one of the best players in school history and lost a home NIT game. Yep he had to go. 

LOL ... scoffing at the first 20 win season in 20 years and the first post season tourney appearance in 8 years. Reminds me of a great quote about Gator football fans decades ago when they were described as having the arrogance of Notre Dame fans and the tradition of Wake Forest. Carry on ....

Guest PCBull14
1 hour ago, Triple B said:

LOL ... scoffing at the first 20 win season in 20 years and the first post season tourney appearance in 8 years. Reminds me of a great quote about Gator football fans decades ago when they were described as having the arrogance of Notre Dame fans and the tradition of Wake Forest. Carry on ....

No one is scoffing at anything, the facts are the facts.History book still has a big L in the column for that home NIT game. Go ask the coach at UCF what NIT games do for you. He actually won the **** thing twice and was still fired.

The right decision was made to fire him. As I stated before and many times, what he did here coaching wise for ONE season was solid imo. Recruiting here under him was pretty good. I don't think many here would disagree with the talent we had lined up. 

The problem coaching and X's and O's. Five dismal seasons, one decent season, and one good season. That gets you fired I don't care where you're coaching, especially the last two seasons being as bad as they were. Its not rocket science, it's rather simple actually. 

I'm just happy those kids got to play for institutions where they understood the ball is supposed to go in the cylinder as much as possible.  Passing around the perimeter with five seconds on the shot clock is how you get fired. People in the stands knew that, not sure why the coaching staff didn't. 

Edited by PCBull14

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

I think CP was just expressing his opinion way after the fact. What I heard was that MH told those here that if you're going to fire him, do it now so he could go forward with a coach hunt. Can't believe that MH was that stupid to have brought something like that on himself when he first got here. My guess is CSH would have gotten the one more year to see how it went.

You must have a life.

Lol.  Life has definitely become busier over that span,  but I definitely get my time in with TBP.  I just don't post as frequently as most.