• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Visit Tulsa in Road Finale

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

20 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

I lost teammates serving under the flag, however I would not tap anyone on the shoulder as you did, nor would I engage them verbally for not standing for the NA.

Gently reminding students to do the right thing is part of the job. As is failing them when they don't.

Slapping them silly for being an idiot, while tempting as all get out, is unfortunately not in the job description...

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

Where is it mandated that individuals attending a sporting event must stand for the national anthem?

Oh don't worry it I'll become a mandate sooner or later under 45. Just like it will soon be illegal not to salute him when he walks by...

And my personal belief is people not standing for the anthem at sporting events is them exercising their right to freedom of speech. Whether you agree with it or not you have to admit that it was that students right to not stand for the anthem.

Edited by 206BULL
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

11 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Oh don't worry it I'll become a mandate sooner or later under 45. Just like it will soon be illegal not to salute him when he walks by...

And my personal belief is people not standing for the anthem at sporting events is them exercising their right to freedom of speech. Whether you agree with it or not you have to admit that it was that students right to not stand for the anthem.

Bet the same kid won't give up his seat for an elderly person or hold the door open for a pregnant woman, or take his hat off during the anthem, or be quiet during a moment of silence... 

None of this is illegal, but it sure tells me a lot about somebody's character.  

34 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Bet the same kid won't give up his seat for an elderly person or hold the door open for a pregnant woman, or take his hat off during the anthem, or be quiet during a moment of silence... 

None of this is illegal, but it sure tells me a lot about somebody's character.  

I don't see how all of that and sitting out the anthem are mutually inclusive; unless I missed where Char whiteness this student do all of those things. I will always hold the door or give up my seat to anyone(not just elderly) however I have become so disenfranchised with the direction this past month or so that I highly doubt I will stand for the anthem at the next sporting event I attend. This is from someone who has been to thousands of sporting events and stood every time but at this point it's just a song to me. In fact the immigrants 45 is tying to keep out probably have more pride in America than I do. Doesn't make me a terrible person it just makes me someone who doesn't see the point in supporting something just to do it when the country it represents is a country that no longer supports my beliefs and ideologies I was raised with in aid country. 

9 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

I don't see how all of that and sitting out the anthem are mutually inclusive; unless I missed where Char whiteness this student do all of those things. I will always hold the door or give up my seat to anyone(not just elderly) however I have become so disenfranchised with the direction this past month or so that I highly doubt I will stand for the anthem at the next sporting event I attend. This is from someone who has been to thousands of sporting events and stood every time but at this point it's just a song to me. In fact the immigrants 45 is tying to keep out probably have more pride in America than I do. Doesn't make me a terrible person it just makes me someone who doesn't see the point in supporting something just to do it when the country it represents is a country that no longer supports my beliefs and ideologies I was raised with in aid country. 

Sorry bro.  Canada is always an option for ya. 

2 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Sorry bro.  Canada is always an option for ya. 

Naw I'm already as cold as I'm gonna get. But believe if i get a job offer from abroad or my current company had a position up to transfer to abroad I would be on the first flight. Still doesn't make myself or the kid from Chars post a bad person. 

Edited by 206BULL

14 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Naw I'm already as cold as I'm gonna get. But believe if i get a job offer from abroad or my current company had a position up to transfer to abroad I would be on the first flight. Still doesn't make myself or the kid from Chars post a bad person. 

I hear there are job openings in Iran, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, Sudan, and Libya.  I think the flights are only one way though.

and with that, I'm sure it's off to Mad Cow with this...

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

I hear there are job openings in Iran, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, Sudan, and Libya.  I think the flights are only one way though.

and with that, I'm sure it's off to Mad Cow with this...

And well it should be. We've wandered far from my original point about recruiting (and I'm as guilty as anyone else)

Yes, I mentioned that I observed additional behaviour in this young man that leads me to believe he's not the type of athlete I want USF to recruit.

If any of the mods have the power to pull these posts out and send them to the cow, please do so. Will be glad to discuss the patriotism topic there.