• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

75-76 basketbulls 19-8 record

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

i had a great talk this am with one of usf's best pointguards ever penny greene

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=204807809

usf  should bring that team back and show them love

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

That'd be like inviting guests back to the Titanic for a reunion cruise.

Just kidding.  Yeah, bring 'em back.  I faintly remember that team in the pre-Sun Dome era as I was attending school in Pasco County and likely headed to USF.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I see we were losing to Cincy even then

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I see we were losing to Cincy even then

And beating UCF!

Seriously though, any team that beat Dayton, New Orleans, and Pittsburgh in the same year, HAD to have had some talent.

But the best would have been beating Jax, ODU and USA - all on the road. Those were tough games against big rivals back then.

39 minutes ago, charsibb said:

And beating UCF!

Seriously though, any team that beat Dayton, New Orleans, and Pittsburgh in the same year, HAD to have had some talent.

But the best would have been beating Jax, ODU and USA - all on the road. Those were tough games against big rivals back then.

I remember ODU well. I also remember Western Kentucky. Back in 85 we were losing to them by 7 points with 15 seconds left and won at the buzzer. Never forget jumping so high I landed on a girl on the isle and seat below me...which made it even better. I think we beat ODU in sun belt championship for our first NCAA tournament. 

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I remember ODU well. I also remember Western Kentucky. Back in 85 we were losing to them by 7 points with 15 seconds left and won at the buzzer.

Well then, we may have met at the Sundome. There's a 90% chance I was ushering that game (although I assume you're referring to Jan 28 of '84)

http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=36688&SPID=2923&DB_OEM_ID=7700&Q_SEASON=1983

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Never forget jumping so high I landed on a girl on the isle and seat below me...which made it even better.

Now we're talking! THAT's showing your fanhood! Hi, my name's NEB, what's yours? Dinner tonight?  LOL

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think we beat ODU in sun belt championship for our first NCAA tournament. 

UNCC maybe?

http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=36688&SPID=2923&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=7700&Q_SEASON=1989

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

Well then, we may have met at the Sundome. There's a 90% chance I was ushering that game (although I assume you're referring to Jan 28 of '84)

http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=36688&SPID=2923&DB_OEM_ID=7700&Q_SEASON=1983

Now we're talking! THAT's showing your fanhood! Hi, my name's NEB, what's yours? Dinner tonight?  LOL

UNCC maybe?

http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=36688&SPID=2923&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=7700&Q_SEASON=1989

Yep, that's the game. I forgot who hit the jumper with no time left but it was the greatest ending. As I was typing the original message I thought that champs game was UNCC as it was at their place. But somehow I still remember a conference tourney against ODU that had a crazy ending. Time diminishes my mind so maybe I am getting teams mixed up. 

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yep, that's the game. I forgot who hit the jumper with no time left but it was the greatest ending. As I was typing the original message I thought that champs game was UNCC as it was at their place. But somehow I still remember a conference tourney against ODU that had a crazy ending. Time diminishes my mind so maybe I am getting teams mixed up. 

Ah, those were the days. My mind's still as sharp as it always was, though. You look familiar, do I know you?

:roflmao:

3 hours ago, charsibb said:

Ah, those were the days. My mind's still as sharp as it always was, though. You look familiar, do I know you?

:roflmao:

Haha in all seriousness hopefully one day we can catch up.