• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UConn in Talks with Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

49 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Again, almost no one would watch those games in their own media market which is true for many in our conference so maybe it does not matter. But based on your selection, I would rather the conference move to the west. 

SDSU, SJSU, and Fresno would suit me just fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, charsibb said:

SDSU, SJSU, and Fresno would suit me just fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know that would work for you. Lol. For the same reason I hope uconn stays, gets me an easy away game every other year. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

If UConn's out, go to 16 teams all sports (including Navy). Add...

Army, Air Force, Colorado State, SDSU and UNLV.  Divisions of 8 teams.  Put all 3 service schools in the same division with the remaining being geographic.

Football - Play other 7 division teams plus rotate 2 of 8 in other division for 9 conference games.

Basketball - Play 4 rival or rotating games home and home plus every other team once for 19 conference games,

Done.  Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

If UConn's out, go to 16 teams all sports (including Navy). Add...

Army, Air Force, Colorado State, SDSU and UNLV.  Divisions of 8 teams.  Put all 3 service schools in the same division with the remaining being geographic.

Football - Play other 7 division teams plus rotate 2 of 8 in other division for 9 conference games.

Basketball - Play 4 rival or rotating games home and home plus every other team once for 19 conference games,

Done.  Go Bulls!

Yes! 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Again, almost no one would watch those games in their own media market which is true for many in our conference so maybe it does not matter. But based on your selection, I would rather the conference move to the west. 

I understand your point but, my premise was derived from what the Media Partner wanted. Not what we want. Thus I game my suggestions based primarily on largest eastern market size available. :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

UConn isn't leaving; I believe that got leaked and now they realize moving all sports minus football to the Big East means they need to find a home for football and the options aren't good at all. I bet it got floated to see if Aresco and the AD's would consider a football only UConn. 

If they do leave What's wrong with WKU or Southern Miss? Some history there. NIU is too far out there. Georgia State would be only good because it's in Atlanta; that's all they really bring. Going West would be fine for football only .

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

16 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Georgia State would be only good because it's in Atlanta; that's all they really bring. 

Literally, this is all that's really available on the East Coast anyway.  

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

Thought I read Atlanta has the most USF alumni outside of FL. Georgia is great recruiting territory for USF/AAC. It's the heart of SEC territory and could elevate exposure. Maybe even get a Bowl game at the new Mercedes Dome. So Piss and Hillfloppers don't fit the conference profile of many of the schools. Nothing is ideal but there is some potential upside if GA State was selected.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, Atlanta Bull said:

Thought I read Atlanta has the most USF alumni outside of FL. Georgia is great recruiting territory for USF/AAC. It's the heart of SEC territory and could elevate exposure. Maybe even get a Bowl game at the new Mercedes Dome. So Piss and Hillfloppers don't fit the conference profile of many of the schools. Nothing is ideal but there is some potential upside if GA State was selected.

Ulterior motive, much?

LOL

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, Atlanta Bull said:

Thought I read Atlanta has the most USF alumni outside of FL. Georgia is great recruiting territory for USF/AAC. 

Both of these are 100% true.