• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UConn in Talks with Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Possibility they move basketball and all olympic sports to the Big East. I suspect the AAC will say your all in or all out. Thus football would have to go independent or to a lesser conference.

http://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/rothstein-uconn-big-east-recent-discussions-expansion/

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

It's unwise for their future but, I can see it as a money move on their part for the present time. They would get more money from the Big East contract and would get their tier 3 rights back for their Women's basketball. They've been losing out on that money since the new contract took effect. They can make as much money on their Women's Basketball as most teams can make on their Men's Basketball. So in that respect I don't blame them and their Football going Independent wouldn't be a total loss to them. I do think that If they decide to drop their football down to the FCS level, they'll regret it sooner then later as I doubt that CUSA or the MAAC would take them Football only.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

Arkansas State would be a good fit And with it being only 100 miles from me I would be able to see my Bulls live once and a while .

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Yep and Georgia State has the same win total in Football and a better record in Men's Basketball. Just sayin. :icon_drink:

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

Losing UConn in all sports would be big, but I doubt they would actually do it. Their football program isn't a waste, why would they throw it away? It doesnt make sense for either side. Of course we wouldn't take UConn for football only either

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

I bet Sunbelt or MAC would take UConn football only

39 minutes ago, charsibb said:

So said EVERY A.D. until the announcement of a move is made.

Won't miss UConn at all. They fit better in the BE than they ever did in the AAC. To far north.

I wouldn't mind Georgia State as a replacement. They fit the profile. Big city, former commuter schools, going big-time in athletics

Really, I don't recall an AD saying anything they just moved in the middle of the night. Regardless,  The only way that this works is if the football team goes to 1aa level and I can't see that happening. But if a replacement did have to met I suspect Georgia State would be about 9th on the list. No way Temple allows a southern school as they need at least one conf member close by. I suspect Army would get a look. The GSU, Ark States, ODUs make no improvement and what's worse they do not replace the uconn brand. 

6 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

I bet Sunbelt or MAC would take UConn football only

Maybe but they would be better just going as an Indy