• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Spring Game Set for April 15

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

For out of towners the spring game will be archived under videos on the USF football Facebook site. Thus, you can watch later if you can't see it live. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

Rosters:

C9d_96gXcAEHcMk.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

What was Deatrick Nichols thinking?  Isn't he a senior?  I'd run his ass off tomorrow.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

18 hours ago, Brad said:

What was Deatrick Nichols thinking?  Isn't he a senior?  I'd run his ass off tomorrow.

What happened?

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 1:17 AM, Brad said:

From what I remember seeing at the game, It was just one stupid, overzealous, play for which he was penalized.

Other than that, I thought he performed well.

"2. Deatrick Nichols

The returning interception leader for the past two seasons looked better than ever on Saturday as he played for the white team. Nichols was breaking up passes, making physical tackles and doing a great job of keeping the secondary focused. Nichols made a big hit on Valdes-Scantling and broke up a 3rd down pass from Brett Kean to Stanley Clervauex. New defensive backs coach Blue Adams deserves a ton of credit for the way this unit improved in the Spring. Getting the most out of guys like Nichols, Watts and Thomas will be essential for the success of the secondary in the fall."

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Bolt/5-Players-who-Stood-Out-from-the-USF-Spring-Game-52338395

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

On 4/15/2017 at 10:17 PM, Brad said:

19 hours ago, SANJAY said:

What happened?

1 hour ago, Mama_Bull said:

From what I remember seeing at the game, It was just one stupid, overzealous, play for which he was penalized.

Other than that, I thought he performed well.

"2. Deatrick Nichols

The returning interception leader for the past two seasons looked better than ever on Saturday as he played for the white team. Nichols was breaking up passes, making physical tackles and doing a great job of keeping the secondary focused. Nichols made a big hit on Valdes-Scantling and broke up a 3rd down pass from Brett Kean to Stanley Clervauex. New defensive backs coach Blue Adams deserves a ton of credit for the way this unit improved in the Spring. Getting the most out of guys like Nichols, Watts and Thomas will be essential for the success of the secondary in the fall."

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Bolt/5-Players-who-Stood-Out-from-the-USF-Spring-Game-52338395

According to the announcers, the foul was called on the offense that play...

OK. I couldn't hear the announcer over the band playing near me.

I knew someone was penalized after the play and thought it was Nichols.

Perhaps, Brad was talking about a different play involving him. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

16 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

OK. I couldn't hear the announcer over the band playing near me.

I knew someone was penalized after the play and thought it was Nichols.

Perhaps, Brad was talking about a different play involving him. 

We were in the endzone diagonally opposite the band (nw corner) and I think the play Brad was talking about happened in front of the band. Thought it was called against Nichols and it appeared to be a bonehead play on his part ... but from where we were, I couldn't tell what actually transpired. Haven't had a chance to watch the replay to tell which play it was.

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We were in the endzone diagonally opposite the band (nw corner) and I think the play Brad was talking about happened in front of the band. Thought it was called against Nichols and it appeared to be a bonehead play on his part ... but from where we were, I couldn't tell what actually transpired. Haven't had a chance to watch the replay to tell which play it was.

Sounds like the same play I mentioned. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

I swear I saw something not sure if it was a quote in an article or a tweet or something but I swore I saw they were offsetting penalties on the play in question. Those two have been going at each other all spring as our top CB and top WR. Without seeing the play in question I'd bet frustrations overflowed for both Quez and Nichols as they tend to do in Spring/Summer practices at all levels. You can only hit your teammates so much before you need to take it out on someone in a different color jersey. 

Edit:

Found the tweet I was referencing 

Edited by 206BULL