• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

No. 22 Bulls Host UCF In War on I-4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I could be wrong but, I thought our students were here to learn. It's not like at some institutions where you don't have to attend classes and get a passing grade if you show up with tickets and attend athletic events. I know, apples to apples and such.

Sigh, If only we were in the ACC. :icon_drink:

Yes I'm still upset that we haven't heard anything about UNC being sanctioned and yes we could stand to do a lot better in our attendance across the board. Perhaps if we tell the students that if they can show a marked percentage increase in attendance of all sports, we could afford to lower student fees!!!!! Maybe that would put some butts in seats. :GoBulls:

Edited by Azmodi
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

9 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I could be wrong but, I thought our students were here to learn. It's not like at some institutions where you don't have to attend classes and get a passing grade if you show up with tickets and attend athletic events. I know, apples to apples and such.

Sigh, If only we were in the ACC. :icon_drink:

Yes I'm still upset that we haven't heard anything about UNC being sanctioned and yes we could stand to do a lot better in our attendance across the board. Perhaps if we tell the students that if they can show a marked percentage increase in attendance of all sports, we could afford to lower student fees!!!!! Maybe that would put some butts in seats. :GoBulls:

It's completely different up in Canada where I went to school where athletic events, even football generally is just not attended. The students really are there for the education, beer, sex, other cultural activities the environment allows and then maybe athletics. Not even the hockey team drew many spectators to the off-campus arena. The on campus football field, I won't call it a stadium, but they played on campus didn't result in massive crowds either. Of course at the time my school had 10k students and there wasn't any expectation of community support for the team so you would be getting low numbers.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

It's completely different up in Canada where I went to school where athletic events, even football generally is just not attended. The students really are there for the education, beer, sex, other cultural activities the environment allows and then maybe athletics. Not even the hockey team drew many spectators to the off-campus arena. The on campus football field, I won't call it a stadium, but they played on campus didn't result in massive crowds either. Of course at the time my school had 10k students and there wasn't any expectation of community support for the team so you would be getting low numbers.

Yes but, we're in the 11th largest market in the USA. We have almost 50k students. We should be averaging over 5k for Women's Basketball. They're in the top 25 and have won over 20 games for multiple seasons. It's a shame that they don't draw better. I do agree something is wrong and some sort of effort needs to be taken to increase fan interest and support.

My suggestion although rooted in sarcasm, could be a type of action to stimulate a larger fan presence at games. If only active students attended, there are enough to more then triple current fan support in most sports.

Edited by Azmodi

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

A quick perusal of their attendance figures seems to indicate that they are out drawing our gals.  Sad, very sad to say the least.

It is what it is ..... but, hey, thanks for bringing it up. The board always seems a little incomplete if there isn't some sort of attendance bemoaning going on.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,250
  • Days Won:  1

Bulls trail at the half 37-28. Were up 22-17 after 1 and completely collapsed in the 2nd quarter

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Bulls trail at the half 37-28. Were up 22-17 after 1 and completely collapsed in the 2nd quarter

Are you watching the game.?  They are being hacked, knocked down , players on their backs and the knaggits poimts are from one player

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Boom. Coach Abe is the bomb. Danny Whites hires have been tremendous. UCF WBB was terrible in years past.

Great game IMO.

Edited by footnfan1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Boom. Coach Abe is the bomb. Danny Whites hires have been tremendous. UCF WBB was terrible in years past.

Great game IMO.

Not a great game say the 100 plus people we talked to

10 minutes ago, UCFKnight04 said:

Good game. USF.   Good for the rivalry.

Without the officiating you lost. You have 1 player

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  6

Just got home from work and checked the score. Wow first time in my lifetime we've lost to UCiF in the sport of women's basketball. Looked like Henshaw had another good game from JK's tweets which is good news for the next 4 years.