• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Way to Early season predictions... After released schedule.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

We should be favored in every game. But i just don't think we run the table with a first year HC, idc who it is.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I'll say 11-1.  We've never done a perfect season before and its hard to stay up every week.  Hopefully if we do lose its late in the year (Tulsa or Houston) so we don't drop out of the Top 25.  If we lose early in the year we might not get back in.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

3 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

With this schedule and our returning talent ... honestly, any worse than this and I'll be pissed.  

Agreed

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Unless Tulsa was stacked with depth, I don't see them being nearly as good this season. I believe their QB, top RB, and top 2 WRs were all seniors.

Cincy loses 5 starters on offense and 5 starters on defense and has a new coach coming into a team that was in disarray for much of the season and fell apart, essentially quitting on Tommy Tubberville. Luke Fickell was the HC for 1 season after Tresell resigned at OSU and went an underwhelming 6-7. That was a team that went 12-1 the season prior and 12-0 the following season. 

Temple loses 5 starters on offense including their QB and RB and loses 7, SEVEN, starters on defense. We will see if their new HC will be any good, as he has no prior HC experience at any level, but was a heck of a DC at UF.  

ECU loses 9 players off of their offensive 2 deep (4 starters) and 9 players off of their defensive 2 deep (3 starters). That is a lot of attrition. 

UCONN will continue to be a massive dumpster fire. It will take Randy Edsall more than 1 tune-up game against Holy Cross to get that team back on track. 

Tulane doesn't scare me at all unless our players sneak out the night before the game and get in trouble on Bourbon Street. 

Of our non-conference games, only Illinois should be within 4 scores of us, and that is only if Jeff George Jr. is the second coming of Jeff George, and nothing about the few games he played in last season suggest that he is there quite yet. 

I hope we go undefeated and think that anything worse than 10-2 will be a colossal disappointment (unless we are hit with a barrage of injuries). With that being said, I think if there are two potential losses on the schedule, the most likely candidates would be Houston and UCiF. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  239
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, Rizman said:

11-1  Changing coaches is always a problematic issue for teams.  New playbook, etc

Houston 2 years ago begs to differ. Although they did drop one to Uconn. I do agree with your 11-1 prediction. we should still be in contention for the Peach Bowl with one loss. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

11 and 1 regular season. 

Edited by DELdaBull

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

At least there's some that think we're not paper champs.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

30 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Just can't get punched by SAN Jose St

LOL

If that happens I might just drive the bus off a cliff into the Pacific on the way home.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, charsibb said:

LOL

If that happens I might just drive the bus off a cliff into the Pacific on the way home.

Remind me to take the 5 instead of the PCH on my way to LA and SD to visit family after the game if we lose. Don't want to get caught in the aftermath....