• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Bulls vs Owls Live on WatchESPN

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

This squad lacks a full bench; maybe we'll have a chance at turning things around, once we have a full bench. 

Lacking a full bench is a USFMBB tradition ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I think ther overall talent on this team is subpar and not limited to the bench.

I feel like there is a lot of raw talent on this team that needs to be developed by a proper coach. I honestly think that if we give a good coach an offseason with this personnel they could do well. I have seen individual performances from every player that show me they can play well be they aren't consistent and smart with the basketball. Holston, Bibby, and Thorpe can shoot but they don't take good shots. Santos and Da Silva can create havoc on the offensive boards but they need to learn how to get in better position and not foul. Fitts went off for 28 points last week. Ziegler and Guerrero are the two players who I can see you saying they lack talent. Ziegler is extremely athletic but lacks any jump shot, and Guerrero has size D has had some good games but isn't consistent at all and has rocks as hands.

2 minutes ago, Viking_Bull said:

Guerrero has size D has had some good games but isn't consistent at all and has rocks as hands.

Although I still like Santos better, I have noticed that Ruben's hands have gotten better recently .... not perfect, but better.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,614
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Viking_Bull said:

I feel like there is a lot of raw talent on this team that needs to be developed by a proper coach. I honestly think that if we give a good coach an offseason with this personnel they could do well. I have seen individual performances from every player that show me they can play well be they aren't consistent and smart with the basketball. Holston, Bibby, and Thorpe can shoot but they don't take good shots. Santos and Da Silva can create havoc on the offensive boards but they need to learn how to get in better position and not foul. Fitts went off for 28 points last week. Ziegler and Guerrero are the two players who I can see you saying they lack talent. Ziegler is extremely athletic but lacks any jump shot, and Guerrero has size D has had some good games but isn't consistent at all and has rocks as hands.

Starting to wonder about him.  Coming in to this season some of us thought that his ability to shoot along with the departed McMurray would be a nice 1 - 2 punch.  But Troy seems to not make a high percentage of shots almost nightly.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

44 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Starting to wonder about him.  Coming in to this season some of us thought that his ability to shoot along with the departed McMurray would be a nice 1 - 2 punch.  But Troy seems to not make a high percentage of shots almost nightly.

I feel like this is because he takes too many bad shots. I've only seen him take a couple open 3's and the rest are contested.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, Viking_Bull said:

Pretty sure if it's fundamentals they lack, it's going to take more than one offseason to correct it.

As soon as they feel any kind of pressure, they're going to revert to what they've been doing the last 8 years, not what they've been doing the last 8 months

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,614
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Viking_Bull said:

I feel like this is because he takes too many bad shots. I've only seen him take a couple open 3's and the rest are contested.

There seem to be very few uncontested shots taken by our guys.  But in D 1 MBB you need to make some contested shots.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Lacking a full bench is a USFMBB tradition ...

Seems like it. I'd also like to add, failing to properly defend the perimeter as another tradition. Our ability to make our opponents look like the 2nd coming of Steph Curry is uncanny. 

2 hours ago, charsibb said:

Pretty sure if it's fundamentals they lack, it's going to take more than one offseason to correct it.

As soon as they feel any kind of pressure, they're going to revert to what they've been doing the last 8 years, not what they've been doing the last 8 months

It's not fundamentals that's lacking ... doubtful there are many that get D1 scholarships that lack fundamentals ... it's experience and consistency for the most part. Like V_B said, they've pretty much all shown flashes, which means they can do it. It's not a coincidence that the two leading scorers are two of the most experienced. The one who's disappointed the most to me is Bo.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

17 hours ago, Triple B said:

It's not fundamentals that's lacking ... doubtful there are many that get D1 scholarships that lack fundamentals ... it's experience and consistency for the most part. Like V_B said, they've pretty much all shown flashes, which means they can do it. It's not a coincidence that the two leading scorers are two of the most experienced. The one who's disappointed the most to me is Bo.

For me, it's Reuben. I know he tends to defend the other team's tallest post player, but his play hasn't significantly improved from his freshman year.