• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs Owls Live on WatchESPN

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

58 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

No chance in hell Harlan keeps Bartow. 0-7 (soon to be 0-8) since he took over with an average margin of defeat of 20.7 ppg. BPI rank of 290.

If Harlan were to make Bartow the head coach then he would be an accomplice in the death of USF basketball.

As I've said before Coach K, John Wooden or (enter your favorite BB coach of all time) would be losing these games by the same amount.  It isn't the coaching.  As I've said you can't take lemons and make a world class Bordeaux wine.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Bourbon Bull said:

As I've said before Coach K, John Wooden or (enter your favorite BB coach of all time) would be losing these games by the same amount.  It isn't the coaching.  As I've said you can't take lemons and make a world class Bordeaux wine.

I can with grapes though. 

1 minute ago, Ionbull said:

I can with grapes though. 

Only if you live in France.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

As much as I and most fans(I would hope at least) realize the results thus far are from Bartows fault. I can't help but think that the results none the less are poisoning the water hole for Bartows candidacy in the off season. Without some kind of improvement on the court to point at Harlan will have a hard time selling Bartow as the future coach. Again that's probably not fair considering what he has been left to work with but it is still probably reality. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

11 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

All any coach can do is make the poop smell less offensive right now.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

To counter that, I could have coached this team to the same outcome and that doesn't mean Harlan should consider me, let alone hire me.

Textbook definition of a straw man arguement.

You must have a different textbook ... unless you were referring to your first sentence which is actually closer to straw man argument than BB's.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, 206BULL said:

As much as I and most fans(I would hope at least) realize the results thus far are from Bartows fault. I can't help but think that the results none the less are poisoning the water hole for Bartows candidacy in the off season. Without some kind of improvement on the court to point at Harlan will have a hard time selling Bartow as the future coach. Again that's probably not fair considering what he has been left to work with but it is still probably reality. 

You're probably correct on the reality of the situation, obviously based on the W/L column, and I would be surprised if he was retained ... but like I said, wouldn't have a problem if he was. I like the way he's coaching and the way the players are playing and have seen a difference on the court that's, sadly, just not translating to wins.

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

You're probably correct on the reality of the situation, obviously based on the W/L column, and I would be surprised if he was retained ... but like I said, wouldn't have a problem if he was. I like the way he's coaching and the way the players are playing and have seen a difference on the court that's, sadly, just not translating to wins.

Since the lower tier Iron Bulls have been relegated to the Green and Gold room I can't speak to the super donors reaction in the Hardwood Club to ICMB.  But the people in the Green and Gold room all seem to have a positive reaction to him. He comes around and shakes hands and seems to be campaigning hard to win us/them over.  Only saw one practice but it seemed to be organized and he seems to be an excellent teacher.  No idea whether he stays but he is making the effort and would love to stay if offered the job.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

This squad lacks a full bench; maybe we'll have a chance at turning things around, once we have a full bench. 

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I think ther overall talent on this team is subpar and not limited to the bench.

While that may be true, how do you blame the interim coach?