• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Must be more to the story...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

If I were to speculate, based on some of Taggart's quotes to the local media at the end of the season, I think he'd feel overall positively regarding Tampa. The lack of butts-in-seats, while the Bulls were having their most successful season, likely rubbed Tags the wrong way. 

40 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Boo fucking hoo... We've had 2 winning seasons since 2011. If he expected RJS to be sold out this year, he's to blame for unreal expectations. Anyone who's been at the stadium the past few years knows its not great, but it's getting better.

PeT's speculation said lack of butts in seats not that CWT expected sellouts .....

See, bry, THAT is a straw man example.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

PeT's speculation said lack of butts in seats not that CWT expected sellouts .....

See, bry, THAT is a straw man example.

So lack of butts in seats really means, "lack of 40,000 butts in seats, but obviously not 65,000" or something along this lines?

57 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So lack of butts in seats really means, "lack of 40,000 butts in seats, but obviously not 65,000" or something along this lines?

Good question. Since it's Paisa's speculation maybe he should clarify. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Ionbull said:

I don't get how people view that as rubbing them the wrong way or an insult. A lot of programs out there, especially G5, don't fill their stadiums, it's just the way it is. Does WKU fill theirs better? Did he leave because their support rubbed them the wrong way? 

Support was getting there and is getting better. Again, if the team really wanted to grab attendance by the horns, you had the opportunity to get Tampa's causal fan base attention by keeping it close w FSU. Instead you gave up by 55 points at home. 

No one here was expecting a win vs them; but if you're going to be upset about attendance you had two opportunities to make yourself heard against one of the big three. Again, casual fans startedto jump back in it, the UCF game was hoppin

Not just G5. Declining attendance is the dirty secret programs don't talk about. It is a real issue virtually everywhere.

G5, hell our attendance is just fine for a G5 program. It's great attendance, that I can tell you! The best!!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

The twitter backstory was it all about getting paid.  Sort of like some players feel these days re: the NFL. 

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

I wish the profanity filter didn't have to be needed, but when it is needed it worked.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

If you guys try to remember, and I have said this before, xCWT said that when he left WKU it was, and I quote "ONLY for the opportunity to win a Championship." I'm pretty sure it wasn't the AAC championship that he was referring to. As a matter of fact, I AM POSITIVE that wasn't the reason. It was for the opportunity to win a Champioship. NCAA Championship.

There's none-stop whining on here about attendance, why is xCWT wrong for saying the same thing?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

4 hours ago, JTrue said:

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Good question. Since it's Paisa's speculation maybe he should clarify. 

JTrue, I'll allow it. :D We were struggling to get consistently above the 30k in actual attendance mark throughout the season. 40k in our cacophonous stadium would be reasonable in my world of unrealistic expectations.  I think J. Knight just felt a little quiver in his loins by my citing the term actual attendance. 

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

There's none-stop whining on here about attendance, why is xCWT wrong for saying the same thing?

Hint: BullDozer ...... and just for the record, there hasn't been any evidence presented here that CWT has said the same thing. This has all been triggered by speculation by some punk looking little kid.