• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Must be more to the story...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

12 minutes ago, Dogma said:

Its not.  Read the whole thread.  That's what makes this intriguing.

Several coaches of different teams have agreed via twitter, and/or have liked the tweets involving this story.

Oh, OK sorry. I have not read the more recent submissions. I will look at it more thoroughly tonight. Thanks for the tip.

I would think that every D1 coach is going to leave some "wake" at the HS level when they don't recruit the coaches favorite player. It is inevitable I would think.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Oh, OK sorry. I have not read the more recent submissions. I will look at it more thoroughly tonight. Thanks for the tip.

I would think that every D1 coach is going to leave some "wake" at the HS level when they don't recruit the coaches favorite player. It is inevitable I would think.

Yup, every coach goes through it at some school/schools for different reasons.  CJL/USF wasn't welcome at Largo HS, CSH at Manatee etc etc.  For programs like USF relationships can get contentions fast because the HS coach feels a certain player should be recruited by them and the college coach disagrees.  The HS coach feels slighted or feels he's insulting his player/talent evaluation and you run into these rifts.  Then by the same token coaches at some of the programs down play USF to their more elite players because it looks better on them to have their kids end up at SEC schools etc.  Recruiting is a crazy business.  It's rare to see these rifts go so public.  So there has to be A LOT more to this story on all sides than what's in this article.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

I would imagine a lot of it would be a combination of the "Baymade" promotion and the fact that we recruited Immokalee and Sarasota/Bradenton so hard rather than Plant, Armwood and some of the more traditional Tampa schools. 

Edited by IBulleve

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

4de702d1original.png

Did you say Fluginshlagin?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,075
  • Days Won:  2

Willie did what Willie needed to do and it worked out just fine for USF.  Willie also is best friends with Jim Harbaugh, that's all that really needs to be said right there.  Any best friend of Jim Harbaugh probably has quite a bit of A-hole in his personality.  I've met Willie a few times, seemed like a very insincere guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, jg233 said:

Willie did what Willie needed to do and it worked out just fine for USF.  Willie also is best friends with Jim Harbaugh, that's all that really needs to be said right there.  Any best friend of Jim Harbaugh probably has quite a bit of A-hole in his personality.  I've met Willie a few times, seemed like a very insincere guy.

Wow. Didn't see that coming! 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

42 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Wow. Didn't see that coming! 

Then you haven't been paying attention to this board ...

23 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Then you haven't been paying attention to this board ...

Thank goodness!! Dropping twitter, Fakebook set me free....so my internet browsing habits have been significantly downsized, which I take a s a good...no, a great thing.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

10 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Thank goodness!! Dropping twitter, Fakebook set me free....so my internet browsing habits have been significantly downsized, which I take a s a good...no, a great thing.

I envy your willpower ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

32 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Well said, I am contemplating pulling the plug, but the Bulls Pen will always be a part of my  routine...it's my crack. 

• Upvote 2