• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

First report card for new coaching staff...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I'll give this class a B (was going to be worse if xcwt stayed). I believe next year will be much better. 

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

It's a numbers game, some will pan out and some will not. The fact that there are no 4+ stars to pan out or not is the piece that's somewhat disappointing. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I think next year is going to be huge...I honestly think we will see several 4* players sign with us next year. Coach Strong did an amazing job this year with the little time he had. I am excited to see what he can do with a full year to recruit. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

45 minutes ago, CRBULL said:

It's a numbers game, some will pan out and some will not. The fact that there are no 4+ stars to pan out or not is the piece that's somewhat disappointing. 

Dingle was a 4* on one service I believe. CCS and the staff laid out some pretty solid groundwork on the guys they want to bring in and closed strong considering the timing they had together. Getting the Carol City trio to all commit together was a big get and a good look on video. Surprise flips like Jeremiah Stafford (Troy, former USF commit), Jabreel Stephens (Louisville) and Demetris Harris (GT) were very solid gets in the trenches. 

What would've made this class incredible would've been if George Ellis III, Travel Harris or Latavious Brini fell our way. AJ Davis or Zachary Carter would've been beyond incredible.

Still solid nonetheless and at positions of need. Now need to focus on the offseason training and pushing 2017 to be the greatest in USF history. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

According to 247 the ENTIRE AAC conference had a total of TWO 4 star players commit.

1. http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=AAC

So, it seems somewhat unrealistic, given our conference situation, to expect a new coach to suddenly come in and get a 4 star player, who most likely already has a good many P5 offers.

Strong needs to be here for awhile to cultivate relationships and he will have a better chance to get a few of them. Even then, it will be a very steep uphill climb to beat out all the major football programs trying to lure them away.

Our best chance, of course, is with the local 4 stars who want to stay home and play in front of their family and friends.

Our conference affiliation, sad to say, just makes it a very uneven playing field for getting highly rated talent.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

11 hours ago, CRBULL said:

I think Taggart was able to do a better job when he first came in, even with the team coming off of losing seasons. He had two four stars in his first class.

when you were as bad as we were you can offer immediate playing time so that is a plus.it is easier when you are rock bottom to recruit if you have any game

fir strong it was tough to recruit in such a short time--transitional classes are tough

i give him a b but i am very optimistic

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

9 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

I think next year is going to be huge...I honestly think we will see several 4* players sign with us next year. Coach Strong did an amazing job this year with the little time he had. I am excited to see what he can do with a full year to recruit. 

i agree with this assessment

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

None of it is his fault, came in with little time.  However, I think that he gets an A for effort and for flipping those players from other schools. I thought we were only going to get like 12 or 14 players.  Getting the number we did is amazing.  Future is bright. 

Need a decent season this year and show the CCS style of football. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

A for many of the same reasons given by Rizman ↑ 

BUT!  A similar group next year would have a much, much lower grade.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

A Solid B.  

CCS came in with limited scholarships and held on to the majority of the class (only Judson and Burch are real losses) and added the Carol City trio which as far as I know we weren't heavily involved with before he got here.  We could've used a game breaking RB and more help at DT and LB but all in all it was a small and solid but not spectacular class.  I'm expecting a larger and better class in 2018

Edited by Bull Dozer