• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next Seasons Depth Chart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Starters were losing include:

Rodney Adams (WR), Kofi Amichia (OT), Dominique Threatt (OG), Marlon Mack (RB), Nigel Harris (LB), Nate Godwin (S), and Johnny Ward (CB)

Now that we know the incoming recruits for, who do you think is going to step up in each of these positions next year?

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Ward wasnt really a starter.  He played when Hoggins and others were injured, so his loss won't be huge.  Godwin, while solid, is another one where our depth is strong and won't be a big loss.  Adams and Mack are losses.  We'll need some boys to step up, but we have the playmakers  to do it.  I think the biggest losses are on the OL which played better than expected this year.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

I think Marcellus could see playing time by mid season.

I like MVS to fill in that role Adams leaves behind, and I think the RB Depth chart will just move up a guy to DJ, Tice, and then Sands. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

4 minutes ago, Breedwell said:

I think Marcellus could see playing time by mid season.

I like MVS to fill in that role Adams leaves behind, and I think the RB Depth chart will just move up a guy to DJ, Tice, and then Sands. 

I think MVS Stays on the outside and then you move Salomon outside and slide McCants into the slot.  McCants has the shift and speed needed to play that Adams role and MVS and Salomon have the size speed combo outside to stretch the field.  

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

I think MVS Stays on the outside and then you move Salomon outside and slide McCants into the slot.  McCants has the shift and speed needed to play that Adams role and MVS and Salomon have the size speed combo outside to stretch the field.  

I can agree with that. 

Another thing Strong inherits is the classes Taggart had the past couple of years.  Will be interesting to see if guys like Craig Watts earn a spot in the depth chart. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215

12 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Completely agree. With Bronson/Barr locked into the 2 deep and Dingle battling for the 3rd spot. I fully expect Culpepper/Roberts to battle for a starting CB spot and possibly see Hoggins move into the nickel role

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

New coach, new depth chart.. 

Only locks might be:

On O: Flowers, DJ, McCants, Ruff, Hall

On D: Nichols, Sanchez and Senat 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

We gon be a skrong team still.   Maybe a little less flashy without Mack and Adams but all that means is its going to take more than one or two plays to score.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

2 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

We gon be a skrong team still.   Maybe a little less flashy without Mack and Adams but all that means is its going to take more than one or two plays to score.

I can live with three plays per score on Offense. The Defense has all off season to rest. :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, usfbullrider said:

I agree. Next year's team will be much more balanced and I suspect will have more success (getting to conf championship). Really excited to see a better defense.