E.T.

For the young kids . . .

18 posts in this topic

This is the fax machine (aka "Way Back" Machine) ... it is a communication device that is still used by High Schools and Colleges.

 

Image result for fax machine

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a car made by the same manufacturer as the above communication relic.

 

Image result

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to sell fax machines when I lived in Tampa. In the late 1980s it was as easy to sell as crack. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here's another little jewel for the younger crowd, it's called a dot matrix printer (everyone say Ooooooooo). You can still own one if you have a few hundred lying around...and some hearing protection.

Image result for dot matrix printer

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raptorcj said:

And here's another little jewel for the younger crowd, it's called a dot matrix printer (everyone say Ooooooooo). You can still own one if you have a few hundred lying around...and some hearing protection.

Image result for dot matrix printer

I've got a working one of these in my garage.  I'll be happy to sell for a few hundred.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, E.T. said:

This is the fax machine (aka "Way Back" Machine) ... it is a communication device that is still used by High Schools and Colleges.

 

Image result for fax machine

I keep one of these stored out in the garage - just in case.  Sure enough I had to use once in 2016 to send something that wouldn't be accepted any other way.

Edited by Bourbon Bull
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

This is a car made by the same manufacturer as the above communication relic.

 

Image result

Ah... The Daewoo Leganza. You think you hate it now, wait 'til you drive it.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

couple years ago, I had this high school kid working for me and behind him was a typewriter. I sat down and was typing an envelope and the kid said, "I was wondering what that thing was" 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to fax something at work the other day for the first time.  Those things are weird.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BullsBoltsJagsRays said:

Had to fax something at work the other day for the first time.  Those things are weird.

it's voodoo magic :D 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now