• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ian Fieber, False Alarm

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

Well the 247 page for him says he committed to us but I checked his Twitter and he committed to the University of Sioux Falls. Realized this after I made the post. False Alarm :D, Mods feel free to delete this.

http://247sports.com/Player/Ian-Fieber-24478

Edited by Viking_Bull

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

I feel like all schools should have to go by what their web address is when choosing nicknames. I'm kinda tired of the Saint Francis, Souix Falls and San Fran tweets when I searched USF on Twitter...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Whenever somebody gives me crap about who is the REAL USF, I just tell them to go to http://usf.edu and drop the mic.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

36 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Whenever somebody gives me crap about who is the REAL USF, I just tell them to go to http://usf.edu and drop the mic.

Yeah, *****! Just like Tampa is the real UT and everyone knows it.

48 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Lol one night at Silver Lake dog park(LA) I was wearing a USF shirt and these two guys asked me if I went to USF. I of course replied yes as always and they immediately yelled "Go Dons!" I looked at them for a second trying to process as underneath the USF lettering was the incoming U and the words University of South Florida. I of course retorted that I was sorry and that I went to the real/other USF and they both glanced at me for a second and replied "I hate that school. We have been around longer yet every time I need to go online for homerwork etc... I have to go to usfca.edu" I just laughed tossed the tennis ball for my dog and headed to the other end of the park. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  279
  • Days Won:  0

Living in Northern Cali it's really bad. I basically have to call it South Florida. I see USF (U of San Francisco) license plates regularly. I've had 1 guy say "Go Bulls" to me in the last 5 years. I said, "did you go there too?" His reply "Nah man."

I used to walk my dog at Silver Lake dog park too. Never saw any Bulls gear, ever. 

Edited by pacificd
  • Upvote 1

Only time I ever saw USF gear the 3 years I was down there was at LA Alumni watch parties and events to be honest. Silver Lake was our night time park; since they were open til 10 and getting from Sherman Oaks to K-Town at 5 usually meant we were there well after dark. Weekends were Runyon and Laurel Canyon dog park. 

I know what you mean regarding just saying South Florida; to this day I say I went to University of South Florida and every once in a while people will be like "oh USF?" I tend to not take those for granted as they're usually few and far between. 

Edited by 206BULL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

39 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Lol one night at Silver Lake dog park(LA) I was wearing a USF shirt and these two guys asked me if I went to USF. I of course replied yes as always and they immediately yelled "Go Dons!" I looked at them for a second trying to process as underneath the USF lettering was the incoming U and the words University of South Florida. I of course retorted that I was sorry and that I went to the real/other USF and they both glanced at me for a second and replied "I hate that school. We have been around longer yet every time I need to go online for homerwork etc... I have to go to usfca.edu" I just laughed tossed the tennis ball for my dog and headed to the other end of the park. 

Never forget, waaaaaaay back in the day, was driving down I Drive in Orlando and thought is was so cool to see someone wearing Bobby Russell's USF basketball jersey. Never seen anyone wearing a "Bulls" hoops jersey before ..... :facepalm:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  279
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Only time I ever saw USF gear the 3 years I was down there was at LA Alumni watch parties and events to be honest. Silver Lake was our night time park; since they were open til 10 and getting from Sherman Oaks to K-Town at 5 usually meant we were there well after dark. Weekends were Runyon and Laurel Canyon dog park. 

I know what you mean regarding just saying South Florida; to this day I say I went to University of South Florida and every once in a while people will be like "oh USF?" I tend to not take those for granted as they're usually few and far between. 

I lived over the hill in Silver Lake going towards Los Feliz. Mostly morning or afternoon walks. That hill was a killer. The lack of really good sports bars used to drive me crazy. There were a few cool little spots but basically 1 or 2 tv situations.

I find that people up north are well aware of who we are but are usually surprised to hear anyone discuss the Bulls. Other than a game actually being on at a bar. But in reality trying to get a Bulls game on when any Pac 12 game is happening is futile. As you are well aware I'm sure.

24 minutes ago, pacificd said:

I lived over the hill in Silver Lake going towards Los Feliz. Mostly morning or afternoon walks. That hill was a killer. The lack of really good sports bars used to drive me crazy. There were a few cool little spots but basically 1 or 2 tv situations.

I find that people up north are well aware of who we are but are usually surprised to hear anyone discuss the Bulls. Other than a game actually being on at a bar. But in reality trying to get a Bulls game on when any Pac 12 game is happening is futile. As you are well aware I'm sure.

I know that hill well used to walk it some nights if I did a loop around the reservoir. Silver Lake really didn't have much for bars unless you went out towards Sunset. I used to watch NFL games at The parlor Omni Melros in the Fairfax area. 

And i honestly don't even try; I'm in Cougar country now with a slight lean towards BSU in some parts. And during basketball season in Gonzaga's on might as well not try. Don't really understand why all 20 tvs at the Bars next to my place need to have the same game on but I'd rather not argue with em. Never know what will happen in this backwards city haha.