• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Head Coach Basketball

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

20 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

I still don't get all this Anthony Grant talk; why bother? So we can offer him a third time only to get turned down yet again?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

USF: The NCAA issues that Orlando Antigua left behind at USF are not expected to impact the quality of candidate the Bulls should be able to lure. This job has been very quiet, which has led some in the industry to speculate that athletic director Mark Harlan has already found his coach. There’s a chance of a lateral name popping up here as well. Minnesota’s Richard Pitino is one possibility, along with Seton Hall’s Kevin Willard and former Alabama coach Anthony Grant. Monmouth’s King Rice, Florida Gulf Coast’s Joe Dooley, Chattanooga’s McCall and Forbes could all fit. Miami assistant Chris Caputo makes sense if the school attempts the high-major assistant route again.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/02/23/nc-state-indiana-coaching-carousel?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Listened to The Daily Stampede Podcast which has Mark Harlan on (it's actually a really good listen, Mark sounds like a great guy who loves Tampa.) He mentioned since the firing happened mid-year he's been able to really evaluate his options and sounded fairly confident about the next steps. I'm sure Bartow will get an interview but it didn't appear that Harlan was content on just giving him the reigns full time. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,320
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

Listened to The Daily Stampede Podcast which has Mark Harlan on (it's actually a really good listen, Mark sounds like a great guy who loves Tampa.) He mentioned since the firing happened mid-year he's been able to really evaluate his options and sounded fairly confident about the next steps. I'm sure Bartow will get an interview but it didn't appear that Harlan was content on just giving him the reigns full time. 

Pitino would be a good hire. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Pitino would be a good hire. 

I think there is a very good possibility we can bring him in. He's probably #1 on my realistic options board. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

Hire Bartow

Bring Back Heath

Bring Back Greenberg

None of the above!  

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,320
  • Days Won:  43

7 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I'd have a hard time seeing him leave a Big 10 school that could exceed anything we'd offer him.

AAC is just a tad better than big 14 when you factor in the excitement factor. Plus Rick Pitino is a pro USF guy so we shall see

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

12 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

AAC is just a tad better than big 14 when you factor in the excitement factor. Plus Rick Pitino is a pro USF guy so we shall see

10x athletics budgets create their own kind of excitement factor...

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

People keep mentioning Stan. He still doesn't have a head coaching job since USF.

Seth. Seth was canned from V-Tech.

None of the former head coaches that left USF ever did anything afterwards (head-coaching wise).

We need to make a good hire. It's not like it's hopeless. I refuse to believe that.