• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Head Coach Basketball

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

8 minutes ago, FarEastBull said:

(2) The roster is replenished.

Roster is replenished to Bulls standards, 10 scholarship players. Other 3 sign and we'll be college basketball replenished ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Roster is replenished to Bulls standards, 10 scholarship players. Other 3 sign and we'll be college basketball replenished ....

Well, we had more staff than players for a while there... I was expecting it to continue that way into August and September. And then maybe trying out walk-ons (or walkers!) from the general student population.

Can we both agree that the dumpster fire is now O.U.T.?

---Amen. Thank you, baby Buddha!

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

One of the things I like best is that the new players come to USF with a winning mentality.

I expect the this USF MBB team will have a much more positive attitude.

Never lose sight of what means the most to you. #nationalchampion 

C_jgsTlUIAAa6m0.jpg
Edited by Mama_Bull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, FarEastBull said:

Can we both agree that the dumpster fire is now O.U.T.?

Dude, it's USF MBB. The dumpster fire is smoldering ...... until it's not.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

One of the things I like best is that the new players come to USF with a winning mentality.

I expect the this USF MBB team will have a much more positive attitude.

Never lose sight of what means the most to you. #nationalchampion 

C_jgsTlUIAAa6m0.jpg

This means a lot more than it seems. Having a bunch of different guys come from various baxkgrounds could be huge for the team and program. Gregory and staff will lay the ground work with expectation from their players starting with the grad transfers. Hopefully they are able to teach the underclassmen, new and existing, to carry that over to year 2. I'm giving CBG the benefit of a year 0, however it wouldn't surprise me if they pull a much better season than we are imagining and hitting that .500 mark while playing competitive ball.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

God I hope they all sign and most importantly stay! I am very worried about next year's APR average with all of the defections taking place this season. 

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

God I hope they all sign and most importantly stay! I am very worried about next year's APR average with all of the defections taking place this season. 

I think if a basketball player leaves USF in good academic standing and transfers to another school, then it does not impact our APR negatively.

I haven't heard about anybody leaving because of poor academics and many of them have already  announced their intentions to transfer elsewhere.

So, I'm not really worried about our basketball APR, which is a rolling average over a number of years.

"The APR is based on four years of data, with the most current year's data added and the oldest year removed to create a four-year (multi-year) rolling rate. Penalties can be applied if an athletic team's multi-year APR score is below 930."

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Mama_Bull said:

I think if a basketball player leaves USF in good academic standing and transfers to another school, then it does not impact our APR negatively.

I haven't heard about anybody leaving because of poor academics and many of them have already  announced their intentions to transfer elsewhere.

So, I'm not really worried about our basketball APR, which is a rolling average over a number of years.

"The APR is based on four years of data, with the most current year's data added and the oldest year removed to create a four-year (multi-year) rolling rate. Penalties can be applied if an athletic team's multi-year APR score is below 930."

Your first paragraph is key. I hope this is correct. 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Your first paragraph is key. I hope this is correct. 

I'm almost positive.

Just Imagine, with the great number of basketball transfers around the country, many schools would be in APR trouble, IF they were penalized just for that alone.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I really like how this staff has recruited this past month (they've been on board  for about a month, right?).

I like the tiered approach. It seems like in the past, especially the last group, we'd just go after so and so players and when we whiffed on those guys, there was no back-up plan. So far, it seems like there's a plan-A and then plan-B, etc.

Now, let's see how they coach and how the team plays together.