• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Head Coach Basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

38 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The stigma of not being able to make it at such a powerhouse basketball school is a heavy cross he bears ....

To misquote Kander & Ebb. "If you can't make it here, you'll not make it anywhere!"

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Since we now have three assistant coaches, I'm guessing Bartow will be the Director of Basketball Operations. But I've not seen his name on the staff's page.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Maybe Bartow is not on staff

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I really like the moves this new coach is making.  I know he wasn't the sexiest pick but he has been methodical about his approach, he appears to have learned some valuable lessons.  We may have a man on a mission... which I think bolds well for us.  Antigua hired family and friends... this guy is putting in place a network for recruiting Florida and local talent.  

• Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Calibull said:

I really like the moves this new coach is making.  I know he wasn't the sexiest pick but he has been methodical about his approach, he appears to have learned some valuable lessons.  We may have a man on a mission... which I think bolds well for us.  Antigua hired family and friends... this guy is putting in place a network for recruiting Florida and local talent.  

I'm with you Cali. Him and his staff are already handing out a bunch of offers to Freshmen and JUCO transfers for 2017 and beyond. Sounds like he's treating this as a long term process. Fix the 9 to 5 with the program, connect with the local and in-state athletes and set a standard in academics and discipline and see what happens. 

54 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

I'm with you Cali. Him and his staff are already handing out a bunch of offers to Freshmen and JUCO transfers for 2017 and beyond. Sounds like he's treating this as a long term process. Fix the 9 to 5 with the program, connect with the local and in-state athletes and set a standard in academics and discipline and see what happens. 

Exactly.  I noticed the offers and in a couple of weeks he's made more local contacts than OA had his entire 2 1/2 years.  I agree, he's looking long term and to me is a better path.  I think the juco guys will get the train back on the tracks and in get this thing moving forward.  In all honesty I think it's a least a 3 or 4 year deal.  But the one thing about college basketball is 2 really good guys can change the direction of a team.  But I do think this going to take longer than 2 seasons, I'm realistic about how bad things have deteriorated the past 4 years. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

8 hours ago, Calibull said:

I noticed the offers and in a couple of weeks he's made more local contacts than OA had his entire 2 1/2 years.

While that may be true, we really don't know how many local contacts the xCOA staff made during their time here.... but regardless, the new staff had more local contacts the first day because of their history .... which hopefully pays off.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

COA was such a bum, good luck Illinois. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

COA was such a bum, good luck Illinois. 

He had the worst body language.  Or was it just me projecting my hate once I realized he sucked as a coach?