• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

David Reaves Arrested

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, 206BULL said:

Charges are DUI and reckless driving from what I saw on the Oregon 24/7 site; don't think either should be a fireable offense but not my call. He'll be on the sidelines again quick. 

I don't know, if he had some tenure, it might be different, but he just got there.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Looks like no recruits in car. Don't think he should get fired for this as like 60% of Americans have DUIs including some coaches at USF.

Where did you get your stats?  My guess is you are way off! 

He is setting a bad example and should be gone! I don't know anyone that was ever charged with DUI, but I know several parents that lost a child due to someone else drinking and driving. DUI is not OK!!!!!

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

5 minutes ago, Flash1 said:

Where did you get your stats?  My guess is you are way off! 

He is setting a bad example and should be gone! I don't know anyone that was ever charged with DUI, but I know several parents that lost a child due to someone else drinking and driving. DUI is not OK!!!!!

That is something a lawyer friend of mine told me over dinner a few years back so it could be off. On average 1.5 million Americans are arrested for DUI every year which can add up over time(30 million in a 20 year Span which is 25% of licensed drivers) taking into account I would guess a lot of DUIs happen to those in their 20s it is realistic to believe that over 50% of drivers have a DUI. Assuming the average DUI recipient lives 40 years or more past the date of their offense. 

http://www.drunkdrivingprevention.com/drunkdrivingarreststatistics.html 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109

Willie is having a rough start.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Okay, maybe it's a stretch here (depending on who was in the passenger's seat!).

But let's say he didn't like the job. He didn't like the city and the new life. He felt trapped.

How do you get out of it?

All I'm saying is it's very strange and out of character for a family man to do this right when he just moved there.

It's a possibility is all I'm saying.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993

27 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

That is something a lawyer friend of mine told me over dinner a few years back so it could be off. On average 1.5 million Americans are arrested for DUI every year which can add up over time(30 million in a 20 year Span which is 25% of licensed drivers) taking into account I would guess a lot of DUIs happen to those in their 20s it is realistic to believe that over 50% of drivers have a DUI. Assuming the average DUI recipient lives 40 years or more past the date of their offense. 

http://www.drunkdrivingprevention.com/drunkdrivingarreststatistics.html 

You'll need to redo your math, cause about a 1/3 of DUIs are repeat offenders, and of those a lot aren't just on their 2nd. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993

37 minutes ago, Flash1 said:

I don't know anyone that was ever charged with DUI, but I know several parents that lost a child due to someone else drinking and driving

That really defies statistics given that arrests are way way higher than deaths. I would guess you know a lot of people charged with a DUI, you just don't know about them. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

6 minutes ago, slowdown said:

You'll need to redo your math, cause about a 1/3 of DUIs are repeat offenders, and of those a lot aren't just on their 2nd. 

This site estimates about 1% of all drivers get a DUI annually, and cumulatively about 17% of drivers have past DUI's

https://www.quora.com/What-percentage-of-people-in-the-US-have-a-DUI-DWI-conviction

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777

5 minutes ago, slowdown said:

Fair enough; still a lot more people with DUIs then Flash was letting on. 

2 minutes ago, slowdown said:

That really defies statistics given that arrests are way way higher than deaths. I would guess you know a lot of people charged with a DUI, you just don't know about them. 

And this is 100% true. Most people aren't going to walk around bragging about a DUI. Odds are every person on this board knows multiple people charged with a DUI whether or not they know about said DUI is a different matter.