• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Butehorn Adds Two Veterans to Men's Soccer Staff

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

TAMPA, JAN. 19, 2017 – University of South Florida men’s soccer head coach Bob Butehorn has enhanced his coaching staff with the addition of Henry Apaloo and Joe Dincecco as assistant coaches, the new coach announced Thursday.

“I’m excited for Henry and Joe to make this transition to the Bay Area,” said Butehorn. “They both bring a high quality of character and professionalism with them to the job, and I’m looking forward to having them on the field.”

The pair come to Tampa from FGCU and bring extensive backgrounds in collegiate soccer with ties to Florida. Apaloo and Dincecco helped the Eagles reach top-25 status last season, ending the year with a No. 22 NSCAA national ranking. FGCU made its fourth appearance in the NCAA Tournament under Butehorn, including a first round win. :rolleyes:

Rest of article

Did not realize that Butehorn played at UT and was part of '81 Spartans national championship team.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'm still kind of amazed that we replaced Keifer with a coach that beat us the last couple of years.  Seemed an impossible task to replace Coach K.  Who knows if this will turn out well, but it's hard to imagine it won't.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,323
  • Content Count:  21,266
  • Days Won:  10

http://www.ncaa.com/news/soccer-men/article/2016-11-29/di-soccer-mac-hermann-trophy-semifinalists-named

Florida Gulf Coast had a finalist for the Herman Award for the best player in Men's college soccer.  So, if Coach Butehorn could get Albert Ruiz to come to FGCU, I think he will work out just fine at USF.