• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami - September 2 Open Date

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

3 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

On an indefinite date. Neither school wants to cancel, so they don't have to pay the termination fee. The contract is also mum about having to schedule that return game within any specific time frame. 

There isn't a return game. There were 2 contracts to play UF in Gainesville. We played one, and we asked to delay the second one. Foley did promise to up out payday to the going rate (because the deal was signed so long ago, the pay is low by today's standards.) now that Foley is gone, I have no idea if that promise still stands. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

6 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I will move on when everyone clamoring for an OCS moves on.....My fight has only just begun. I have a few more weeks to continue the campaign until Miami announces that they are playing NOVA University on Labor Day weekend. 

If you really want to "fight" or to "campaign" for a game with Miami, this is 100% the wrong place to do it. Absolutely NOTHING will happen if you post in here.

Take your fight to the proper battlefield - Harlan's desk

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

Shouldn't Miami be clamoring to play us? We finished higher than them in the polls....lol

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

There isn't a return game. There were 2 contracts to play UF in Gainesville. We played one, and we asked to delay the second one. Foley did promise to up out payday to the going rate (because the deal was signed so long ago, the pay is low by today's standards.) now that Foley is gone, I have no idea if that promise still stands. 

Oh Snap! We just got Stuben'd!

Do you know how many posts there on this site mentioning how UF was dodging us and it turns out we did the delaying?

Edited by JTrue

24 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Oh Snap! We just got Stuben'd!

Do you know how many posts there on this site mentioned how UF was dodging us and it turns out we did the delaying?

We aren't delaying because we are scared, we signed the deal when we needed money games to make ends meet. Currently we strive to be a big time program, and big time programs don't sign payday games. (our last one was at Notre Dame). Texas is a 2 for 1, which at gives us a home game. 

Side note, we have signed one other FBS school to come to Tampa as a payday game, UTEP a few years back. 

We have canceled the road half of contracts after getting the home game, but the deals were not set up as payday games. (Utah State, Bowling Green, Illinois State all come to mind, there may be more). 

14 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

We aren't delaying because we are scared, we signed the deal when we needed money games to make ends meet. Currently we strive to be a big time program, and big time programs don't sign payday games. (our last one was at Notre Dame). Texas is a 2 for 1, which at gives us a home game. 

Side note, we have signed one other FBS school to come to Tampa as a payday game, UTEP a few years back. 

We have canceled the road half of contracts after getting the home game, but the deals were not set up as payday games. (Utah State, Bowling Green, Illinois State all come to mind, there may be more). 

I wasn't implying we're scared, I was just stating that the accepted version of the deal was that UF wasn't going to play us because it wasn't in their interest. As you stated, we have our reasons for not playing the second game, but the reason it hasn't been played is not because UF is scared of losing to us.

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I wasn't implying we're scared, I was just stating that the accepted version of the deal was that UF wasn't going to play us because it wasn't in their interest. As you stated, we have our reasons for not playing the second game, but the reason it hasn't been played is not because UF is scared of losing to us.

Correct, and I wasn't trying to imply you were, just trying to cut off a false belief held by some. 

UF has a structure because of FSU and playing Georgia in Jacksonville, they pretty much aren't going to take many road games (if any) and certainly aren't coming to any Group of 5 schools, unless it was in their best interest. 

I know people love seeing us against big time opponents, but I don't want to take a payday. I wish the 2017 schedule had a better headline game, but it is what it is. 

4 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Correct, and I wasn't trying to imply you were, just trying to cut off a false belief held by some. 

UF has a structure because of FSU and playing Georgia in Jacksonville, they pretty much aren't going to take many road games (if any) and certainly aren't coming to any Group of 5 schools, unless it was in their best interest. 

I know people love seeing us against big time opponents, but I don't want to take a payday. I wish the 2017 schedule had a better headline game, but it is what it is. 

Absolutely. And that's why the Stony Brook game isn't going anywhere. It would cost us the $500,000 buyout and then a home game to do it. Miami doesn't need us. With all the PR the ACC is getting right now, it doesn't serve them one bit to put us on the schedule. Just like UF found out long ago, play your league schedule (plus FSU for them) and you're fine. We are all risk for Miami and no reward.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

If you really want to "fight" or to "campaign" for a game with Miami, this is 100% the wrong place to do it. Absolutely NOTHING will happen if you post in here.

Take your fight to the proper battlefield - Harlan's desk

This is a message board where hyperbole is the norm.  It was really just a dig at someone telling me to "let this go" while we have a new post about wanting an OCS every hour. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

50 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

This is a message board where hyperbole is the norm.  It was really just a dig at someone telling me to "let this go" while we have a new post about wanting an OCS every hour. 

Posting here won't get them an OCS either...