• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami - September 2 Open Date

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

After revisiting the post I made in which I was encouraging Harlan to buy-out the September 2, 2017 game versus Stony Brook, I went back and check Miami's 2017 schedule and discovered that they appear to have an OPEN date on September 2. I couldn't find anything online suggesting that Miami has filled this open spot. Their other non-conference games are against Arkansas State, Toledo and Notre Dame, so I would imagine that they will be looking to add an FCS team, but the opportunity is still there for us to swap Stony Brook for a game against The U. Florida already plays Michigan in Texas and FSU is playing bama in Atlanta (early candidate for GOTY), so, if Miami were to play anyone in FBS, we would seem to make the most sense! We would also have a game under our belt and Miami will be breaking in a new QB now that Brad Kaaya is headed for the NFL draft. Harlan has to at least try and make this happen. Offer two return games and lets play this one in Tampa. 

Edited by BullyPulpit

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Didn't Miami state they were never going to play us again when our series ended a few years back? They kinda said the same stuff about us that we said about UCiF in 07 if I remember right. 

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Didn't Miami state they were never going to play us again when our series ended a few years back? They kinda said the same stuff about us that we said about UCiF in 07 if I remember right. 

You are correct. Both the Canes and Gators have stated they will not play us again.

2 minutes ago, bullcocky101 said:

You are correct. Both the Canes and Gators have stated they will not play us again.

Public pressure is a heck of a thing. We should be lobbying for these games if we can. We need to make it seem like these teams are dodging us and this is a chance to publicly and legitimately shame them if we aren't able to broker a deal. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Public pressure is a heck of a thing. We should be lobbying for these games if we can. We need to make it seem like these teams are dodging us and this is a chance to publicly and legitimately shame them if we aren't able to broker a deal. 

But what if Stony Brook starts a publicity campaign to shame us for dodging them?!?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Just now, JTrue said:

But what if Stony Brook starts a publicity campaign to shame us for dodging them?!?

I think we can survive the scrutiny. We are the ones looking to upgrade. Miami will have to justify not playing us when they have an open date that needs to be filled. If they want to say that we are too good to play, we will let them do us publicly. It is time for Harlan to take off the gloves and start making some noise. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

They're in New York. They wouldn't use a publicity campaign .... MH would have to be very careful.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/36/aa/ae/36aaae0760a1c72262835af50395829d.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,323
  • Content Count:  21,266
  • Days Won:  10

They don't want to play us.   Move on BullyPulpit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I think we can survive the scrutiny. We are the ones looking to upgrade. Miami will have to justify not playing us when they have an open date that needs to be filled. If they want to say that we are too good to play, we will let them do us publicly. It is time for Harlan to take off the gloves and start making some noise. 

And I think Miami will survive the PR storm headed their way for not scheduling a game with us that can't happen because we've got a contract with Stony Brook.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

As much as I would absolutely love to play and beat Miami, Harlan already stated on Twitter a few months back it's too late for any scheduling changes. I figure that also means it's too late to buy out any games in January.

Edited by Ionbull