• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT already making an impact

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

And that's fine and dandy but Coach O has had on the job training at numerous universities on top of his degrees. If you read the post I quoted he made it sound like this was a Masiello situation and it was not. Hell Shaun King has a Marketing degree; same as me so I guess I'm as qualified to coach our running backs as him. Only problem is he has the experience to back his position on the staff up where I have worked in business since graduating. His experience makes him qualified not his degree. 

In medicine, law and scholastics I agree a specific degree is warranted but I don't expect my personal trainer to have a masters in exercise science. And although S&C coaches get paid more than your average personal trainer that is essentially what they are. 

Former pro football player who's been teaching football fundamentals to high school guys so they can succeed at the college level... he's likely a lot more qualified than you.  Also he's a position coach... he's not responsible for the conditioning of the players.  I don't think comparing a position coach with a Strength and Conditioning coach is really a good idea.  Apples and oranges.  One runs the S&C program for the team and many times other sports... and the other coaches a players of fundamentals.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, Calibull said:

Former pro football player who's been teaching football fundamentals to high school guys so they can succeed at the college level... he's likely a lot more qualified than you.

That is my point. His experience is what makes him qualified much the same as Coach O's experience makes him qualified. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

3 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

Notice his Master CSCCA certification...

The one he got 31 years after he graduated college?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Ned A Starr said:

Notice his Master CSCCA certification...

He has no certification. He has a recognition.  Two totally different things. 

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

The one he got 31 years after he graduated college?

53 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

He earned that before he was hired by UF....and probably had earned lower certification before that.

Yeah, in 2012 .... which means, according to your stupid analogy, for the better part of 30 years he was like a "doctor" who parents trusted their children's health care to but never attended medical school, only had a degree in Hospital Management

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/17/2017 at 8:42 AM, JTrue said:

Can we also create a LA Tech board for coaches who won a bowl game while at USF?

:facepalm:

Ugh...

GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

7 hours ago, 206BULL said:

That is my point. His experience is what makes him qualified much the same as Coach O's experience makes him qualified. 

aaahhhh.. . got you.  I get it now.  Yeah... you're right.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, in 2012 .... which means, according to your stupid analogy, for the better part of 30 years he was like a "doctor" who parents trusted their children's health care to but never attended medical school, only had a degree in Hospital Management

Along those lines, there are quite a few people working in fields out there today that had no major associated with it when they started in the field and, therefore, don't have a degree to match their work. I'll use my friend in Sport Management again as an example. When he got his PhD from N. Colorado, there were no professors in the department with that degree. It simply didn't exist when they got into the field. He's working at Old Dominion right now and the field is still so young, they have to fit his department into the College of Education because there isn't a place for it.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

57 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Along those lines, there are quite a few people working in fields out there today that had no major associated with it when they started in the field and, therefore, don't have a degree to match their work. I'll use my friend in Sport Management again as an example. When he got his PhD from N. Colorado, there were no professors in the department with that degree. It simply didn't exist when they got into the field. He's working at Old Dominion right now and the field is still so young, they have to fit his department into the College of Education because there isn't a place for it.

Should put it in the Business School cause it's all about the Benjamins

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Which is why it was silly to be dogging Orinde for not having a degree in that field .... starting with the writer of the article that was first pointed to on here.

• Upvote 1