• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Slick Willie pulled a Skip Holtz on this recruiting Class

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

To go full Holtz you need to produce several years of subpar recruiting and never sign a promising QB, it is not a feat that can be achieved in one year.  

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, slowdown said:

To go full Holtz you need to produce several years of subpar recruiting and never sign a promising QB, it is not a feat that can be achieved in one year.  

and play a few rounds of golf about this time of year

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I think we'll be fine, we already have some great young talent. Even if CCS doesn't pull in a couple ringers, we'll be fine--be nice if he could get one or two defensive standouts, but I'm looking more forward to what he can do to coach up our D as it is.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, jg233 said:

I don't completely disagree with you, but Scout is absolutely the worst of the recruiting sites.  Look at Rivals, 247 or even ESPN before going anywhere near scout IMO

What little I know about recruiting is that 247 and Rivals are the two most reputable .... however that works in that D&D world ... but, obviously, if Scout more fits your agenda, you go with them.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Honestly the best is the 247 composite ranking. It takes into account all four major recruiting sites and creates an average. However, the number to really pay attention to is the average recruit ranking since high volume has so much weight.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

7 hours ago, Bullinchinashop said:

This 2017 recruiting class looks extremely weak, does not help that slick Willie stole the top 3 recruits we had.  Can someone who lives in Tampa please paint his mailbox green and gold and stuff it with some bull terd..   Charlie needs a miracle with this class.  Right now ranked in the high 80's by Scout.  

This is irrelevant, see my earlier post

5 hours ago, Bullinchinashop said:

On Scout we have 15 recruits.  3 are 3 stars and the rest are 2 stars.  I'm sorry but that is a weak class   If it was 12 at 3 stars and 3 at 2 stars then I would agree with you.  

This is relevant, and is a legitimate concern. We should be doing better than this.

Had you said this first, I wouldn't have facepalmed you.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  6

Why are people still using Scout? I didn't even know they were still relevant to be honest. Recruiting hierarchy is 24/7, Rivals, ESPN then there's about 50 feet of crap and then there's Scout.

Edited by 206BULL
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

15 hours ago, Bullinchinashop said:

This 2017 recruiting class looks extremely weak, does not help that slick Willie stole the top 3 recruits we had.  Can someone who lives in Tampa please paint his mailbox green and gold and stuff it with some bull terd..   Charlie needs a miracle with this class.  Right now ranked in the high 80's by Scout.  

Who did Taggart steal?  If you're talking Judson, he hasn't picked yet...guess one of them went to Oregon?

I'm ok with wherever Judson goes, as he's a drama dude.  But he has big play potential (maybe a Sproles kinda dude.  But he's gushing over all the attention.  After 2 weeks, that shuts down, and he'll have to get to work with whatever path he chooses, and get used to the attention Tweets drying up.  And...if he doesn't produce, the faux love drying up.

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

14 hours ago, CPR said:

This class was always going to be small. I'm expecting we'll end up in the 60's, maybe the 50's if he can pull in that 5 star from Houston. Strong is going to fill in the rest of the class with some 4 star guys to improve our ranking.

size doesnt matter

it is the quality of football player and a ranking in the 60s would be weak considering the year we had

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

11 hours ago, slowdown said:

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

and play a few rounds of golf about this time of year

and save a bunch of timeouts for the next guy, just in case