• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Slick Willie pulled a Skip Holtz on this recruiting Class

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

This 2017 recruiting class looks extremely weak, does not help that slick Willie stole the top 3 recruits we had.  Can someone who lives in Tampa please paint his mailbox green and gold and stuff it with some bull terd..   Charlie needs a miracle with this class.  Right now ranked in the high 80's by Scout.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

This class was always going to be small. I'm expecting we'll end up in the 60's, maybe the 50's if he can pull in that 5 star from Houston. Strong is going to fill in the rest of the class with some 4 star guys to improve our ranking.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Yea this class was always going to have less than 20 which meant it was never going to be that highly rated. Burch and Judson have potential but they are a dime a dozen in Florida as there are many just as good or better every recruiting cycle. Don't get the doom and gloom here at all nor do I see how any of this is Taggartd fault. Trip was right about some here and the jilted lovers syndrome; **** it hurts saying Tripbwas right about anything. 

Relax and let the process work its self out. 

Edited by 206BULL

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106

This class was small but CWT was not lighting the world on fire either.  A lot of guys like Judson, Burch and Hogan were all good but very similar.  Kind of a head scratcher.

It's reasonable to suspect he had one foot out the door and was half assing it this year.

Edited by MMW
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

:facepalm:

Every year we gotta deal with this

The primary driver of the #20 to #128 ranking for recruiting classes is NUMBER OF PLAYERS

When you re-rank the teams based on average stars - which none of the online services do - it doesn't change #1 to #20 much, but our class will look much better

We have a low ranking because we have a SMALL class, not because we have a Kragthorpe-Holtz'd class

And no, Willie did not give up on recruiting because he was leaving - he continued to recruit just as heavily as ever. That said, stealing his recruits for OU does sting a bit

10 minutes ago, charsibb said:

:facepalm:

Every year we gotta deal with this

The primary driver of the #20 to #128 ranking for recruiting classes is NUMBER OF PLAYERS

When you re-rank the teams based on average stars - which none of the online services do - it doesn't change #1 to #20 much, but our class will look much better

We have a low ranking because we have a SMALL class, not because we have a Kragthorpe-Holtz'd class

And no, Willie did not give up on recruiting because he was leaving - he continued to recruit just as heavily as ever. That said, stealing his recruits for OU does sting a bit

You may disagree but I'm not the only one saying it.  Smarter people than me who follow this stuff pretty closely.  You have your opinion, they have theirs.  After the reading I've done on the premium boards (I only pay one month a year because their analysis is pretty good) I tend to agree with them.  

I'm not saying your opinion is not valid.  It could be right but it's just an opinion.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

28 minutes ago, MMW said:

You may disagree but I'm not the only one saying it.  Smarter people than me who follow this stuff pretty closely.  You have your opinion, they have theirs.  After the reading I've done on the premium boards (I only pay one month a year because their analysis is pretty good) I tend to agree with them.  

I'm not saying your opinion is not valid.  It could be right but it's just an opinion.

On Scout we have 15 recruits.  3 are 3 stars and the rest are 2 stars.  I'm sorry but that is a weak class   If it was 12 at 3 stars and 3 at 2 stars then I would agree with you.  

6 minutes ago, Bullinchinashop said:

On Scout we have 15 recruits.  3 are 3 stars and the rest are 2 stars.  I'm sorry but that is a weak class   If it was 12 at 3 stars and 3 at 2 stars then I would agree with you.  

We are actually in agreement.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,075
  • Days Won:  2

48 minutes ago, Bullinchinashop said:

I don't completely disagree with you, but Scout is absolutely the worst of the recruiting sites.  Look at Rivals, 247 or even ESPN before going anywhere near scout IMO

Edited by jg233
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Its shaping up to be an interesting class. It did seem like xCWT had a very specific game plan for this class, which was get speed and figure out where to play them later. Hopefully CCS can keep the current commits locked down, and land at least one of the big fish that are at least paying USF lip service. Would also like to see 1-2 more OL commit to help keep that number up.

I think 55-60 is probably the ceiling in terms of recruit rankings grade. Anything in that range will keep USF at the top of the conference assuming they live up to their grades.