• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2017 Tulane game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, Rizman said:

Uber has a minimum charge for rides.   

Staying at Moxy hotel in Quarter area. 

Looks like its $5 minimum in Nola

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

Highly recommend staying in hotel or airbnb on St. Charles Ave in Garden District. On streetcar line that runs to both the Quarter and Tulane $3 per day.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Highly recommend staying in hotel or airbnb on St. Charles Ave in Garden District. On streetcar line that runs to both the Quarter and Tulane $3 per day.

I checked out the New Orleans Transit website and you are correct...daily passes are $3.  They also have 'Jazzy Passes' for 3 days worth of streetcar/bus rides that costs $9.  Very affordable.  

• Upvote 1

Anybody know what the ticket allotment is for Tulane or any AAC road game?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

The wife wants to stay in the French Quarter so I checked prices and the going rate seems to around $300/night.  Trying to talk her in to more cost effective options.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,672
  • Days Won:  108

Our kids decided to go with some friends so we changed our plans to stay in Metarie and are now in the Fairfield Inn in the French Quarter.  Will probably drive but we'll see if air fares get better.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

5 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

The wife wants to stay in the French Quarter so I checked prices and the going rate seems to around $300/night.  Trying to talk her in to more cost effective options.

Not sure about pricing, but if you can talk her into the Garden district, it's much better. And only a short streetcar ride from the Qyarter

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

As a New Orleanian, the French Quarter is my least favorite area of the city.  Stay in Mid-City, Garden District, or somewhere else in Uptown near Tulane.  A St. Charles or Canal streetcar will bring you into the Quarter without a problem. 

Renting a car is an absolute waste of money and effort (parking and whatnot) if you are (1) flying in, (2) staying in the city, and (3) not a baby about some walking.  I live in the Warehouse district and got rid of my car a while back. I'm able to get around everywhere by foot, Uber, and street car/bus.

$5.95 is the minimum Uber fare (I doubt Lyft is much different) 

Street car and buses are $1.25 per trip, or $3 for a one-day jazzy pass.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, hullabulloo said:

As a New Orleanian, the French Quarter is my least favorite area of the city.  Stay in Mid-City, Garden District, or somewhere else in Uptown near Tulane.  A St. Charles or Canal streetcar will bring you into the Quarter without a problem. 

Renting a car is an absolute waste of money and effort (parking and whatnot) if you are (1) flying in, (2) staying in the city, and (3) not a baby about some walking.  I live in the Warehouse district and got rid of my car a while back. I'm able to get around everywhere by foot, Uber, and street car/bus.

Thanks for the info and feel free to add whatever you think would be helpful.  I'm trying to research as much as possible prior to booking.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, hullabulloo said:

Is there convenient mass transit from the Mid-City, Garden District, and Uptown areas to Tulane as well as to the Quarter?