• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT and the brand

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

4 hours ago, ForestBull said:

If there was no Flowers, Willie would've never had an Oregon offer... 

I think even he knows that.... 

So good thing he was one of,  if not the only coach in the FBS that wanted him to play quarterback. There is no Quinton Flowers as we know him without CWT..... 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,351
  • Days Won:  4

10 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

So good thing he was one of,  if not the only coach in the FBS that wanted him to play quarterback. There is no Quinton Flowers as we know him without CWT..... 

It took him a long time to use Flowers' skill set.

But, you're 100% correct. That's why I said Willie will have to get him a QF, which is a rare talent, to succeed. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

16 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

But, you're 100% correct. That's why I said Willie will have to get him a QF, which is a rare talent, to succeed. 

Uuuhhhhh half way through Flowers true sophomore season is a long time? Most quarterbacks aren't even getting significant minutes at that point in their careers.  If anything there's an argument he rushed Flowers out his true freshman season.  Are we now pretending that flowers was some upperclassman when he took over? 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,421
  • Days Won:  19

CWT did the job he was hired to do...

Now, we have CCS w/ a great contract -- let's just win that conference championship (and get NY6)

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,351
  • Days Won:  4

26 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Uuuhhhhh half way through Flowers true sophomore season is a long time? Most quarterbacks aren't even getting significant minutes at that point in their careers.  If anything there's an argument he rushed Flowers out his true freshman season.  Are we now pretending that flowers was some upperclassman when he took over? 

I forgot about all the blue chip studs that were ahead of him on the roster...

I was really referring to his terrible system (for FL athletes). He took a long time to change to a spread. 

IMO Taggart is not a great coach. He was great at recruiting FL talent. Now in Oregon he is going to have to rely on his coaching ability. It will be tough to convince a lot of kids to move from FL to Eugene... 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, Ionbull said:

I know there's a sense of trolldom here, but if coaches are leaving it's because they are successful and guess what; if they're successful that means the program reaps the benefits. Then another great coach will see it's a good spot to succeed and come in. I would obviously love for a successful CCS to stay here until retirement, but what the xCWT situation showed me is leaving something better than how you found out will have its benefits.

I think he would love it as well from what I'm hearing.  Getting more fans in Ray Jay or the start of planning an OCS will help. But, of course, he needs to win for the people that hired him to want him to stay.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I think he would love it as well from what I'm hearing.  Getting more fans in Ray Jay or the start of planning an OCS will help. But, of course, he needs to win for the people that hired him to want him to stay.

I think this is very encouraging.  I felt if CCS was looking at this as a transition gig then why harp on the OCS.  So if you're hearing he wants to stay here then only 2 things left to do - Win and build an OCS!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

1 hour ago, ForestBull said:

He burned his redshirt trying to use that skill set ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

44 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

It will be tough to convince a lot of kids to move from FL to Eugene... 

The Nike brand alone can do that...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, PCBull14 said:

No cares about CWT anymore. The fact the man is going around dissing the program now tells you all you need know about him. 

I was one that supported him from the beginning. 2-10 and 4-8 still staying on board. Now I actually want him to fail at Oregon, it has nothing to do with leaving. Needs to keep that mouth shut and stop trumping on twitter.

Crossing my fingers for a Oregon 2-10 season. Let's see who has the crappy job then. 

If you really supported him during the bad times you wouldn't have bought into the fabrication that the "crappy job" comment was about USF ... and if you don't care about him any more why bother to read and then comment on a thread about him?