• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT and the brand

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

So he succeeded here because of the players, if he succeeds at Oregon, it will be because of his coaching staff ...... jilted lovers, indeed.

Seriously? So it is a coincidence that we started winning when QF was "allowed" to play QF ball? 

We won 11 games this year. How many would we have won with literally any other qb? How many games did Taggart win with the Defense? 

All I am saying is it will be very difficult to find another QF. He is really special. If he finds a comparable playmaker he has a chance. I just don't think he will. I don't think we will either, fwiw. 

I won't lie, it would be so sweet if we dominate this year and Oregon is mediocre/bad. 

TLDR; QF is the man. WT has some rad nike shirts. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

So he succeeded here because of the players, if he succeeds at Oregon, it will be because of his coaching staff ...... jilted lovers, indeed.

1 hour ago, ForestBull said:

Seriously? So it is a coincidence that we started winning when QF was "allowed" to play QF ball?

Seriously. Some on here have done everything in their power to give him no credit for what happened here, and now apparently what may happen in Oregon, if he's successful there .... so I guess the "jilted lovers" thing is kind of a misnomer considering there's a contingent on here that have been the exact opposite.

And listening to the podcast, the "passionate fans" thing was during a discussion about expectations, mainly based on the resources, differing at Oregon than at his other head, I assume, coaching stops. Nothing near as egregious as Seth's parting shot .... even though both were true.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

7 hours ago, dausfbulls11 said:

I agreed originally, but he has serious coaching staff,be hard to fail with them

really

who?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

11 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

I hear you, and i figure that hurt him while he was here. You completely turn a program around and you still have people sitting at home because you're not Jim Levitt, complaining about the heat, game time, or whatever else...

He is responsible for our success thus far. He coached the team that has an early Heisman hopeful and ended the season ranked. People shouldn't hate him for saying what's said on the Bullspen every day. 

The truth hurts but hopefully it won't be the truth much longer. 

Jim Leavitt was robbed!

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

Seriously. Some on here have done everything in their power to give him no credit for what happened here, and now apparently what may happen in Oregon, if he's successful there .... so I guess the "jilted lovers" thing is kind of a misnomer considering there's a contingent on here that have been the exact opposite.

And listening to the podcast, the "passionate fans" thing was during a discussion about expectations, mainly based on the resources, differing at Oregon than at his other head, I assume, coaching stops. Nothing near as egregious as Seth's parting shot .... even though both were true.

If there was no Flowers, Willie would've never had an Oregon offer... 

I think even he knows that.... 

Guest PCBull14
18 hours ago, Brad said:

The same that Matt Grothe, Jason Pierre-Paul, Stan Heath, Paul Griffin, John Allen and Jim Leavitt do.

No cares about CWT anymore. The fact the man is going around dissing the program now tells you all you need know about him. 

I was one that supported him from the beginning. 2-10 and 4-8 still staying on board. Now I actually want him to fail at Oregon, it has nothing to do with leaving. Needs to keep that mouth shut and stop trumping on twitter.

Crossing my fingers for a Oregon 2-10 season. Let's see who has the crappy job then. 

Edited by PCBull14

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Most of the coaches in college football these days, especially in the AAC, are hired mercenaries.    XCWT has moved on so we Thank him for what he's done and now we rally behind the new hired mercenary CCS and support him until he jumps ship and then we wash rinse repeat.  Coaches will come and go but what remains constant in all this is our beloved Bulls playing in a 2/3 empty NFL stadium with red seats and a pirate ships :stirpot:   The wheels on the bus go round and round...

Edited by El_Toro_86
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

29 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Most of the coaches in college football these days, especially in the AAC, are hired mercenaries.    XCWT has moved on so we Thank him for what he's done and now we rally behind the new hired mercenary CCS and support him until he jumps ship and then we wash rinse repeat.  Coaches will come and go but what remains constant in all this is our beloved Bulls playing in a 2/3 empty NFL stadium with red seats and a pirate ships :stirpot:   The wheels on the bus go round and round...

I know there's a sense of trolldom here, but if coaches are leaving it's because they are successful and guess what; if they're successful that means the program reaps the benefits. Then another great coach will see it's a good spot to succeed and come in. I would obviously love for a successful CCS to stay here until retirement, but what the xCWT situation showed me is leaving something better than how you found out will have its benefits.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

18 hours ago, Brad said:

The same that Matt Grothe, Jason Pierre-Paul, Stan Heath, Paul Griffin, John Allen and Jim Leavitt do.

John Allen???

I don't care what anybody says about him. And I don't care what he did for USF.

I just don't like him for being anti-athletics at USF.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, FarEastBull said:

John Allen???

I don't care what anybody says about him. And I don't care what he did for USF.

I just don't like him for being anti-athletics at USF.

+1000  this guy had no understanding about the importance of football towards a university and  it's importance in the collegiate marketplace...or  if he did know it he chose to ignore it.