• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF Needs To Buy-Out Stony Brook Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I know this is pretty far-fetched, but USF really needs to try and buyout the Stony Brook game and t replace it with a top 20 P5 willing to schedule us for a road game next season. We would have a two week window (9/2 and 9/9). If I were Harland, I would be burning up the phone lines trying to make this happen. We have a top 10 offense, a Heisman Trophy dark-horse, we are coming off of an 11 win season, and we will begin the 2017 season ranked in the Top 25. If this program is going to fully turn the corner, it is going to be in 2017. Look at the love Houston received early in the year with their win over Oklahoma. If USF were to do that, we would at least stand an outside shot at sneaking into the Top 8 with an undefeated season, and who knows what could happen from there. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

Get Clemson on the phone they want to even up the series?

Virginia Tech is scheduled to play the Delaware Blue Hens on September 9th. Let's call up our old conference friend Fuentes and make that happen. Buy out our game and theirs and travel up to Blacksburg and beat a Top 15 Virginia Tech team. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I know this is pretty far-fetched, but USF really needs to try and buyout the Stony Brook game and t replace it with a top 20 P5 willing to schedule us for a road game next season. We would have a two week window (9/2 and 9/9). If I were Harland, I would be burning up the phone lines trying to make this happen. We have a top 10 offense, a Heisman Trophy dark-horse, we are coming off of an 11 win season, and we will begin the 2017 season ranked in the Top 25. If this program is going to fully turn the corner, it is going to be in 2017. Look at the love Houston received early in the year with their win over Oklahoma. If USF were to do that, we would at least stand an outside shot at sneaking into the Top 8 with an undefeated season, and who knows what could happen from there. 

Why can't they come to RAY JAY? We just had an NC here you know. 

Just now, Thebullsfan said:

Why can't they come to RAY JAY? We just had an NC here you know. 

As far-fetched as it was, I was trying to be realistic. No P5 team is going to cancel an FCS cupcake and come on the road to play us. In fact, none of them in their right mind would even consider it with us agreeing to go to them for a road game, but if USF is remotely serious about crashing the CFP I believe the opportunity has to be explored. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

As far-fetched as it was, I was trying to be realistic. No P5 team is going to cancel an FCS cupcake and come on the road to play us. In fact, none of them in their right mind would even consider it with us agreeing to go to them for a road game, but if USF is remotely serious about crashing the CFP I believe the opportunity has to be explored. 

As realistic as you think you are being, no P5 is going to cancel a cupcake to play a G5 team that may actually beat them.  Houston, wasn't this Houston when they scheduled these past two seasons.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

As realistic as you think you are being, no P5 is going to cancel a cupcake to play a G5 team that may actually beat them.  Houston, wasn't this Houston when they scheduled these past two seasons.

You don't know unless you ask. Maybe you give them another future home game against us as well to sweeten the pot with no return game. I'm just saying that I would hope that Harlan is at least exploring the possibility. 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

:lmao:

Just now, Sellular1 said:

Maybe we can trade them some MBB guarenteed wins to even it out

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

Problem is . . .

Most "Name" teams want an easier Non-Conference and teams like US want a harder Non-Conference.

I want us to stop playing 1AA teams.

Go BULLS !!!