• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF v. UCONN - WBB - 7pm 1/10/17

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Will we be outmatched? Most definitely, but tonight's game will give us a very good idea of what type of chance we have with this year's team. Last season there was too much "Courtney watching" and this year's team is moving the ball much better out of necessity. If you haven't watched a game yet, tonight would be a good one to watch. CBSSN unfortunately, but at least someone decided to broadcast it. Oh, and UCONN is trying to tie its own record of 90 consecutive wins. Unreal. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Realistically, USF might be able to keep the scoring margin to about 20 points.

Anything better than that, would certainly improve our ranking.

We need to limit turnovers and out rebound them. That is doable.

It will still be a steep uphill climb to keep up with their scoring.

It is conceivable, we could win, but our chances are less than 5%.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I think our chances are better then that. This team is better at passing the ball around and you can't shut us down by focusing in on just one shooter like they did on Courtney. This team is also better at fighting for rebounds. I think we'll be ok. Go Bulls! :GoBulls:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Realistically, USF might be able to keep the scoring margin to about 20 points.

Anything better than that, would certainly improve our ranking.

We need to limit turnovers and out rebound them. That is doable.

It will still be a steep uphill climb to keep up with their scoring.

It is conceivable, we could win, but our chances are less than 5%.

I hope we find some unique ways to get Laksa open for good looks at 3's. That is really our only chance of keeping it under 20. I think you are right that we can out rebound them, but I don't think we will be able to limit the turnovers quite enough. We have to get contributions from Pujol and Henshaw as well. It is crazy that a "good" game for us would be to keep it within 20. 

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I think our chances are better then that. This team is better at passing the ball around and you can't shut us down by focusing in on just one shooter like they did on Courtney. This team is also better at fighting for rebounds. I think we'll be ok. Go Bulls! :GoBulls:

Laksa has to be on fire with her 3 pointer like she was against Tulsa,Jesperson has to play how she has been, and Pujol has to step up. She is probably our best option to create her own shot that isn't a 3 since she can drive to the basket and draw fouls or make the layup. I think we just need our freshmen to step up and help in he rebounding game, not necessarily scoring even though that would help. Uconn lost arguably their 3 best players to the draft so I think we have a better shot at winning this year.

The most common thing that stops people from success is that they aren't prepared for success when it comes. These Ladies are ready. LETS DO THIS!!! LETS GO BULLS!!! :GoBulls:

This is me drinking the Kool-Aid. :icon_drink:

8 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Laura won't be playing against them and I understand that she will be out the rest of the year. She has played in nine games off the bench. Perhaps, CJF thinks she might get a medical red shirt.

Massey gives us a 1% chance to win and a predicted score of UCONN 84 USF 53. That's a 31 point margin. 

By comparison, he gives us a 46% chance at home against Louisville and a final score UL 71 USF 69. 

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7278&s=292155

10 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Laura won't be playing against them and I understand that she will be out the rest of the year. She has played in nine games off the bench. Perhaps, CJF thinks she might get a medical red shirt.

Massey gives us a 1% chance to win and a predicted score of UCONN 84 USF 53. That's a 31 point margin. 

By comparison, he gives us a 46% chance at home against Louisville and a final score UL 71 USF 69. 

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7278&s=292155

Looking at Massey's predictions for the rest of the season I think we are most likely looking at a 5 loss regular season. I see us dropping both versus UCONN, splitting between UofL and @Temple, and then losing one other along the way that we probably shouldn't. I think 24-5 in the regular season would definitely get us in to the Big Dance, especially considering we would be 24-3 against teams not named UCONN. 

I'd like to let out that Mr. Massy has been known to be waaaaayyyyy off at the beginning of the year and not so close in the middle of the year. He should stick to end of year statistics.

13 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I'd like to let out that Mr. Massy has been known to be waaaaayyyyy off at the beginning of the year and not so close in the middle of the year. He should stick to end of year statistics.

These are the scoring margins @UCONN, so far this season:

#2 Baylor 11 points

#13 Ohio State 19 points

#87 Dayton 33 points

#98 Chatanooga 37 points

#17 DePaul 45 points

# 118 ECU 45 points

So, keeping the margin to under 20 points, puts us in good company.

I'm sure the USF WBB players are looking for a win, rather than a moral victory.

However, I wouldn't BET that we can keep the scoring margin under 20 points. Of course I would LOVE to see us pull the upset.

I still remember the time when USF tied them there in regulation when they had another unbelievable streak. Too bad we lost that game in OT.