• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Clemson vs USF in Meineke Car Care Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I viewed this game a couple days ago and found it very interesting that Dabo ran the same trick play against us as he did tonight vs Bama.  The play I'm talking about is the quick WR hook and lateral back to the RB coming around the edge.  Apparently he kept this play in the book for the last 6 years or so.  In both instances it was in the 2nd half (4th Quarter) and when trailing by two scores I believe. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

I was at that game and it was a lot of fun, a little too close at the end. Definitely didn't feel like it would be our last bowl game for five years!

I do remember a lot of Clemson fans wanting to axe Dabo after the game. It's  amazing how things change...he has become one of the best coaches in cfb right behind Saban and Meyer (and he has Meyers number).

Edited by emrober5

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

The game felt like such an anamoly for the Skip Holtz era. Six years later it's nuts to think Dabo turned that program around to back to back Natty appearances and a win.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

6 minutes ago, emrober5 said:

I was at that game and it was a lot of fun, a little too close at the end. Definitely didn't feel like it would be our last bowl game for five years!

I do remember a lot of Clemson fans wanting to axe Dabo after the game. It's  amazing how things change...he has become one of the best coaches in cfb right Saban and Meyer (and he has Meyers number).

I don't know if I'd go that far. Watch the drop off now that Watson has declared.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Perhaps the key to winning a national championship is to first LOSE to USF. :GoBulls:

See:

FSU

Auburn

Clemson

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, MMW said:

If that were true UCF would be a shoe in next year.

:roflmao:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

20 hours ago, CPR said:

I don't know if I'd go that far. Watch the drop off now that Watson has declared.

I saw an interesting stat. Since 2010 Auburn, FSU and Clemson all won the natty with a generational, program changing QB; Ohio State won with a committee of QBs all of which have been or will be drafted and the rest were Alabama with various game manager QBs. In other words, elite QBs matter unless you're Bama.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, Ionbull said:

I saw an interesting stat. Since 2010 Auburn, FSU and Clemson all won the natty with a generational, program changing QB; Ohio State won with a committee of QBs all of which have been or will be drafted and the rest were Alabama with various game manager QBs. In other words, elite QBs matter unless you're Bama.

Well, we do have an elite QB now, so that stat gives us hope we have a chance

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

The last part of that game was telling as we gave up easy touchdowns to Clemson and an easy bowl win turned into a squeaker and a sign of things to come in the next two years. So essentially it was the beginning of the end for Skippy