• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Length of games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

10 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

NFL games do seem to take longer, but college isn't far behind. The number of tv time outs and reviews kill the game. I know the networks need to make $, but it shouldn't take almost 4 hours (sometimes more) to play a football game. 

My 77 year old dad thinks virtually every sport has games that take too long now, baseball, college/pro football. It isn't just the young people.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,305
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

My 77 year old dad thinks virtually every sport has games that take too long now, baseball, college/pro football. It isn't just the young people.

Baseball is mentally great to be long. Best sport ever  because they don't have time clocks. It could go fast or slow. It will mentally kill you with all the foul balls. 

Just now, Bull Daly said:

Baseball is mentally great to be long. Best sport ever  because they don't have time clocks. It could go fast or slow. It will mentally kill you with all the foul balls. 

Baseball is my surefire soporific. Forget tylenol pm. Boom. Out by the 3rd inning.

2 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Baseball is my surefire soporific. Forget tylenol pm. Boom. Out by the 3rd inning.

You are more mentally stable than me. I can't fall to sleep because the **** sport gives me ulcers. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I just DVR the games and start watching about the time half-time is supposed to start.  I usually catch up at the end.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  6

Football games are definitely too long and commercials are the driving force. Hell unless it's USF, the Rams or I have a betting interest I can't even watch a football game there just isn't enough action. On the other side i just started watching soccer last May (detested all soccer except USF soccer infact) yet I woke up at 5 this morning to watch an FA Cup game. I'd never do that for football, i actually tried for the Ramsneon game this year and decided to go back to bed.

I think an easy fix could be to adapt something similar to soccer, there has got to be a way to outfit the walls separating the stands and field with screens to display advertisements during the action. It would allow for a good compromise between too many commercial breaks and still getting advertising dollars. 

And I agree with Daily, don't touch baseball I could watch it all day; if anything to speed up baseball just get rid of replays and go back to human error. Added a little something to the game personally.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

25 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I'm a huge baseball fan and part of it it because of the way it's played. You can tune in with a ball game in the background and still accomplish other tasks, or hang out at a bar. Hockey, football... you need to be in it for every play (nothing wrong with that.) Baseball also helps the grind until more football. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ionbull said:

I'm a huge baseball fan and part of it it because of the way it's played. You can tune in with a ball game in the background and still accomplish other tasks, or hang out at a bar. Hockey, football... you need to be in it for every play (nothing wrong with that.) Baseball also helps the grind until more football. 

As my dad says "Don't blink watching hockey, but you can nap during baseball."

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

They still play baseball?????

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They still play baseball?????

Baseball & soccer may be the only sports left when it is all said & done. Mark Cuban said football will be finished in the future. 

• Upvote 1