Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rizman

QB Need

18 posts in this topic

With only 3 QB's on roster, I would think that would a priority.  Any thoughts?

We have a couple good dual threat quarterbacks we are in a good position to get next year. Michael Penix Jr, Devin Black, and Kevaris Thomas. I think 3 will be fine for next year but once Flowers leaves we will need to recruit more.

30 minutes ago, Rizman said:

With only 3 QB's on roster, I would think that would a priority.  Any thoughts?

You should sign at least 1 QB per class.

Just now, JTrue said:

You should sign at least 1 QB per class.

Agree ...

1 minute ago, E.T. said:

Agree ...

If you wait to sign a QB when you need one, you're screwed. 

Wasn't Judson supposed to be the QB recruit in this class?

12 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Wasn't Judson supposed to be the QB recruit in this class?

I know there was video of him throwing and all in some camp here but he's only 5' 9" .... is that doable for a college qb?

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I know there was video of him throwing and all in some camp here but he's only 5' 9" .... is that doable for a college qb?

I think Taggart was recruiting him as DT play maker QB like Flowers, but you're right 5'9" is awlfully short for a D1 QB.

Judson has said he will play what ever gets him on the field next year kid is probably a slot.

16 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Judson has said he will play what ever gets him on the field next year kid is probably a slot.

I think he himself agreed that he's a slot. I'm not opposed to moving him to RB too, he could do a lot of similar things to what DJ is doing now. 

We do need one proper QB in this class. Taggart and the staff were targeting James Blackman per rumors, but now that he's gone I think Blackman is out of the picture especially with how thin FSU is at QB. 

1 hour ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

I think he himself agreed that he's a slot. I'm not opposed to moving him to RB too, he could do a lot of similar things to what DJ is doing now. 

We do need one proper QB in this class. Taggart and the staff were targeting James Blackman per rumors, but now that he's gone I think Blackman is out of the picture especially with how thin FSU is at QB. 

He said he can play RB too, and wants to be involved in special teams somehow. He just wants to get on the field.

Posted (edited)

You'd like to add a QB every class with potential but at the same time a school like USF needs to offer a favorable depth chart to get a difference maker at QB.  It's a delicate balancing act.  I'm not a huge fan of the QB's coming out in FL this cycle that are on USF's level and with having Flowers, Kean, and Oladokun going into next season I would be ok with not taking one this season.  However next season we would have to take 2 but the QB class in FL in much better IMO so we could end up with two better QB's by waiting.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

Unless Kean transfers when Oladokun wins the job in 2018 USF should be OK at QB.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:50 PM, El_Toro_86 said:

I think Taggart was recruiting him as DT play maker QB like Flowers, but you're right 5'9" is awlfully short for a D1 QB.

Who cares.  Short players play with a major chip on their shoulders.  I know of some first hand.

And how tall is QF really.  And don't give me his listed height of 6'0"  His true height in socks is might be 5'10"...maybe.