206BULL

Article From SI About Coach Strong

Bull Dozer    965

As he drove through town with athletic director Mark Harlan, Strong pointed out the exit for every high school in the city

Well, if things don't work out at USF he can always fall back on a career as a personal GPS.  

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 3

Paisa el Toro    876

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

“We’re excited about the stage this team has set for us going forward,” Harlan said. “There’s a real feeling in this community that they’re ready to get behind this team.”

Need Tampa Bay to start loving its Bulls with their pocketbooks. 

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Hopefully he knows something we don't ...

I hope so too.  With a high-profile new coach, a possible Heisman candidate, explosive offense and an easy schedule, you'd think that would attract some "football" fans who normally might not follow USF football.  Our lack of quality home opponents is a pretty big negative though. 

206BULL    639
24 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Need Tampa Bay to start loving its Bulls with their pocketbooks. 

With how weird the Tampa sports fan is I think the National Media talking about us is what will bring them out. They will see it as, "everyone is talking about them and I don't want to get left out". That gets them in the door and the product on the field can do the  rest. Honestly the National Media coverage is probably better for getting the average Tampa fan out than most of what we do in the marketing department. 

Hope it keeps up through the off season even if with each article like this one makes me wish football season wasn't so far away.

Edited by 206BULL

Paisa el Toro    876
Just now, bullstampede9922 said:

Our lack of quality home opponents is a pretty big negative though. 

Can't be any more negative than some of our "fans" and their excuses for not going to the games or financially supporting their alma mater. :popcorn:

• Upvote 1

Triple B    3,231
17 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Pretty cool that Bama is on campus practicing...   Hope the curse gets them

I'll have to cruise over there and get as close as I can when they're out .... have to think I bear some ancillary attachment of the Curse, to pile on them, after all these years immersed in hoops.

raptorcj    1,022
9 minutes ago, Triple B said:
31 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Pretty cool that Bama is on campus practicing...   Hope the curse gets them

I'll have to cruise over there and get as close as I can when they're out .... have to think I bear some ancillary attachment of the Curse, to pile on them, after all these years immersed in hoops.

Not that I have any love for Clemson & the ACC, but I would love to see mighty Bama take a fall. Maybe we should consult a shaman on this to get the greatest benefit?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.