• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mack Going Pro

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm sure we'll be fine at RB.  DJ, Tice, and Sands are still here and we have one of th ebest running QBs in college.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

DE'Earnest establish himself higher than Mack. He has decided to break all the rushing records. De'earnest is what made Mack good.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

DJ is much better blocker.  He's not as explosive and lacks the jump cut Marlon has but in my eyes is more consistent north south runner and has elite vision like Mack.   Rumor is Tice will be granted another year he's built like an NFL RB already but gotta see how he bounces back from injury.  Sands is built like Mack and I'm excited to see more of him.  At practice he was electric.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think he could've easily gone a couple rounds higher next year due to the depth of the RB class but I understand the move.  It's hard to turn down the kind of money he will be making even if it isn't guaranteed.  Best of luck to one of my favorite Bulls of all time.  

I'm very interested to see more of Sands and maybe get a look at E. Mack.  From all reports Sands tore it up at practice in the Spring and Fall and his running style would be a great compliment to DJ if the hype is real.  

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Roll with the combo of Sands/DJ. Use tice once we get up in the 4th quarter.. Regardless, this is a pretty big loss to the O. Bigger than Adams, IMO.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,670
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

I think he could've easily gone a couple rounds higher next year due to the depth of the RB class but I understand the move.  It's hard to turn down the kind of money he will be making even if it isn't guaranteed.  Best of luck to one of my favorite Bulls of all time.  

I'm very interested to see more of Sands and maybe get a look at E. Mack.  From all reports Sands tore it up at practice in the Spring and Fall and his running style would be a great compliment to DJ if the hype is real.  

If he doesn't get drafted and has to go on the FA path I'm not real sure how much money he'll make.  Prolly more than working at Publix.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

As much as this upsets me as a selfish fan, I honestly feel bad for him. He was not given very good advice and it could cost him millions. 

Not given good advice?  The advice he got was from people closer to the situation than you or I ever will be...as in his family, coaches, scouts, etc.  This isn't some NBA hopeful who drops out of school a year early only because he wants to get paid earlier.  It's a running back - the position with the shortest shelf life in all of pro sports.  Who knows what would've happened next season with this team or his health?  Add in the fact that he grew up in a family that wasn't as privileged as 99% of this board and the decision was probably rather easy for him.

If Marlon puts on a little muscle, which he will, watch out.  Would love to see the Bucs snag him in round 4-5 but as long as he lands in the right situation, I really think he could be one of the better rookies next season.  He's got the complete skill set you look for in a feature back.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

7 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

If he doesn't get drafted and has to go on the FA path I'm not real sure how much money he'll make.  Prolly more than working at Publix.

Still more than double the average college graduate but with far less stability.  Practice Squad players make no less than $6,600/wk

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

If he doesn't get drafted or decides what round he goes, can he turn it down?  Or, is he now done because he declared?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

Good luck kid. I disagree with most one here. I am not sure about where he will be drafted, but, from day 1, the kid showed some elite vision and patience to let the play develop, then, he has great acceleration to hit the hole. The new offense wasn't great for him to showcase that ability, but, I fully believe he will be very successful. I wish him well, it would be awesome to have a USF RB starting in the NFL if he can work into that role. 

Totally agree!!  You could see it more his freshman year, that Le'veon Bell-like vision and patience.  Us transitioning into the Gulf Coast offense definitely limited his carries, so this wasn't exposed as much...but could be a great thing for his long-term pro prospects.