• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mack Going Pro

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

26 minutes ago, bulls phanatic said:

Is there a deadline for him to change his mind if he does not sign with a agent?

The way I understand it, he can decide to return if he doesn't hire an agent.  Either way, I respect his decision and definitely wish him well!

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

A lot of negativity being thrown Mack's way and I am not sure why. Mack is betting on himself, like he did when he committed to a USF school that was a complete dumpster fire and relegated to the minor leagues.

Sure this years draft class is stacked, but talent is talent. I think this year you see more RBs going early, but I dont see that impacting guys like Marlon Mack who would be 3rd-5th rd projections anyway. Talented players like Mack put themselves in situations to make themselves successful.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

51 minutes ago, mgrothe8 said:

Except that's not how the league works...you're not given nearly as many looks or patience if you're a lower draft pick, compared to a top rd pick. This years draft is loaded. Honestly, I'm befuddled with the decision. 

But then next year, all the teams will have drafted their guys already from this years year class. 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  337
  • Days Won:  0

Best of luck to Mack and imo he is one of the all time USF greats. I wish him all the best with his NFL career. 

All of the sudden I'm really concerned about our season next year with losing two huge pieces of the offense. I hope the silver lining is this opens the door for a surprise RB recruit to commit this class like an AJ Davis.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

22 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

The way I understand it, he can decide to return if he doesn't hire an agent.  Either way, I respect his decision and definitely wish him well!

NCAA says no...

The deadline for underclassmen, sophomores and juniors, to declare themselves eligible for the NFL draft is in January. Once a player declares for the draft, they forego their remaining eligibility to play college football, which means that once they declare for the draft they cannot return to play in college.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Agree.  I love MM but not sure if he will be a PTP.  

If he's a decent backup running back he'll make a boatload of money for a guy in his 20s.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

Good decision for Mack.  Some of you guys saying bad decision are doing so out of selfishness for USF.

Mack made a good decision by declaring.  Another 1300 yard year was going to do nothing to improve his status.  He has nothing to prove at this level.  Unless he put up a 2000 yard year (unlikely with Flowers getting all the carries), he wasn't going to get a higher grade.  I've seen projections that have him as the #9 back in this draft.  Regardless if he goes in the 5th round this year, as opposed to the 3rd or 4th round next year, he still has to make the team and he gets a head start.  He has 3 years of wear and tear on his body playing college ball.  He could blow out knee next year, and then what.  Are you all going to pay his salary.  He also gets a head start on his second contract.  His decision, while bad for USF, is great for Marlon.

Don't see how ANYONE can't see that.  Good luck, Marlon, and go get em. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

By the way, I'm not worried about next year.  Flowers, Johnson, and Tice will carry the rock, and carry it well.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722

Thank you Mack! It was an absolute pleasure watching you every Saturday!

IMO the concussion was the game changer.. One more of those in College and  he might be undraftable. 

I hope that Mack can be the first solid USF skill position player in the NFL 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Mack was really banged up this year as I thought he got a lot more. I think he saw that next year would be another year of getting battered. Thus, might as well make a few bucks now.