• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mack Going Pro

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Also, I'm not saying this to be negative towards Mack, but I'm actually a little excited to see what DJ can do if he becomes the featured back.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, FatDaddyBull said:

Ultimately in the NFL it's your first non-rookie contract that makes you rich. As long as he plays well and stays healthy he's just getting a year closer to that whether he's a 3rd or 6th round pick. 

The big problem with that is more than half of running backs who get drafted don't make it to their second contracts...

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Good luck kid. I disagree with most one here. I am not sure about where he will be drafted, but, from day 1, the kid showed some elite vision and patience to let the play develop, then, he has great acceleration to hit the hole. The new offense wasn't great for him to showcase that ability, but, I fully believe he will be very successful. I wish him well, it would be awesome to have a USF RB starting in the NFL if he can work into that role. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Also, I'm not saying this to be negative towards Mack, but I'm actually a little excited to see what DJ can do if he becomes the featured back.

He does fit the new OCs system better than Mack.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Maybe he was given fantastic advice. They could have very easily said to him that a fourth 1000 yard season does nothing for his draft prospects. If you rush for a 1000 once, coming back proves you can do it again. What does another 1300 yards prove to anyone? If you're going to go in the 4-6 range this year or next, why not start getting a pay check when nothing is guaranteed? 

This.

Most of the best backs are coming out well in advance of their senior years these days.  RBs that were 4 year starters have a ton of mileage and can be more injury-prone.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

8 minutes ago, JoeB said:

I think DJ might have fielded his last punt/kickoff

Very well could be.  If so, will be interesting to see who steps up to take the job.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Maybe he was given fantastic advice. They could have very easily said to him that a fourth 1000 yard season does nothing for his draft prospects. If you rush for a 1000 once, coming back proves you can do it again. What does another 1300 yards prove to anyone? If you're going to go in the 4-6 range this year or next, why not start getting a pay check when nothing is guaranteed? 

I understand your thinking but it doesn't completely apply in this case. This draft is absolutely loaded compared to next year. If he stayed another year and didn't improve his skillset in scouts' eyes, he would still go much earlier next by virtue of the lack of talent around him compared to this year. There is a massive dropoff in money from the first 2-3 rds to the rest of the draft. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-draft-contract-values-2016-4

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Either way wish him well. Wonder if the concussions played a factor as well. Too many more and he may not be playing at all

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  119

Proud to say I had the pleasure of watching this man play for 3 years.  It's a loaded class yes but nothing is guaranteed, and he'll have a fighting chance to feed his family.

Losing Taggart, Adams and now Mack will be tough...but I'm excited for the DJ show.  Is it August yet?