• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hard-Working Bartow Has a Plan in Place for Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

6 hours ago, charsibb said:

Kids today are wussies, can't even handle being cursed at

It's funny,  CWT beasted and can't envision him cursing students out,  Tony Dungy,  Allen, Holtz (after us)... There's no need for a grown man to curse out a young man to be successful. 

I have to disagree with you. I don't know about you,  but there is no venue that I would allow someone to curse me out without any immediate repercussions. Allowing someone to talk to you like that isn't a sign of strength. If anything it makes you look like that Ohio player. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, TromBull12 said:

It's funny,  CWT beasted and can't envision him cursing students out,  Tony Dungy,  Allen, Holtz (after us)... There's no need for a grown man to curse out a young man to be successful. 

I have to disagree with you. I don't know about you,  but there is no venue that I would allow someone to curse me out without any immediate repercussions. Allowing someone to talk to you like that isn't a sign of strength. If anything it makes you look like that Ohio player. 

Unless you have inside info it looks like Willie did some chewing with colorful language.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,507
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

I don't know about you,  but there is no venue that I would allow someone to curse me out without any immediate repercussions

I doubt there are many players at their highest level that haven't been cursed out at some point in time. Obviously there are some coaches that absolutely never curse but my guess is that it's not a big percentage.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

In my current job, I'd never let it happen. Im college, my coach did it all the time and it never even registered a blip on my "**** to be concerned about" radar. I'm sure those on here with military experience can chime in in regards to what would happen if you didn't like being cursed at and decided to follow through with those repercussions. 

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

I'm sure those on here with military experience can chime in in regards to what would happen if you didn't like being cursed at and decided to follow through with those repercussions. 

More power to the military people. I'm not built like that. That's why I didn't sign on the dotted line. I have problems with people who aren't known to be smarter than me, telling me what to do. Some cursing I can understand but constant cursing or cursing out someone is another story in my book. 

3 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I have problems with people who aren't known to be smarter than me, telling me what to do. 

Are we moving on from cursing to just not taking orders/direction from anyone unless you absolutely know they're smarter than you are? 

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Are we moving on from cursing to just not taking orders/direction from anyone unless you absolutely know they're smarter than you are? 

It's in the same vein of belittling someone but no. I don't take orders from people who don't know more than I do on a subject because it's demeaning. I don't allow someone to curse at me for the very same reason. 

The first thing I think of when it comes to military and authority is submission of one's will. When you swallow your pride and allow someone to curse you out for fear of repercussions,  that's some heavy stuff. 

So it all fits under the big umbrella of me not believing a coach should curse out an athlete. Someone in authority has no right to talk to anyone that way no matter what the venue is. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I don't take orders from people who don't know more than I do on a subject because it's demeaning. I don't allow someone to curse at me for the very same reason.

10 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

So it all fits under the big umbrella of me not believing a coach should curse out an athlete.

Is it just me or are those two comments kind of contradictory?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Is it just me or are those two comments kind of contradictory?

They definitely are, unless you believe that the players know more than the coach. I was just thinking how amazing it would be in life to not listen to anyone who hasn't proven themselves to be smarter than me and never worry about the consequences.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

They definitely are, unless you believe that the players know more than the coach.

Only DJ ...