• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NY6 How Many?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I think if in Orange Bowl we would do well. If we can travel well to Miami Beach bowl there is no reason we can't exceed that for this game. Would think we do well for Peach bowl. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

1 minute ago, Bourbon Bull said:

But how would you guarantee they show up?  :stirpot:

I usually offer to pool resources with other Beef Studs alumni to help get students (usually current members of the spirit organization) to away games and/or bowl games. There's never guarantees, but when you offer to help with transportation and they split lodging, it reduces excuses.

In the end, commitment to the university tends to overcome all. I used to find ways to make away and bowl games on quite a minimal budget while a student then as a grad student in Miami. The Student Bulls Club helped with that on a number of occasions, as well as help from fellow alumni along the way (like the amazing Wilbankses). That's part of the reason I try to do the same for current students... I remember well what it is like.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,738
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

(raises hand)

One...

Yeah, I was there. So was Cindy...Matt (bullheaded) & Lorraine. Joe, Brad, Bourbon Bull, Phil (LakeBull) & Emily, etc. But I'm not sure that's a good barometer of how many would necessarily attend. I think there's sufficient bitter taste in our collective mouth over the P5/G5 segregation that it's gonna take some time to build a travelin' band. I think 2K would be a very, very good number. Remember boys and girls...if we're gonna complain about the cost of tickets, surely we can complain (e.g. not go) when it comes to springin' for airfare & lodging. :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

For comparison sake, WMU distributed about 6,000 of their 12,000 allotment for the Cotton Bowl.  

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, bulls phanatic said:

I think if in Orange Bowl we would do well. If we can travel well to Miami Beach bowl there is no reason we can't exceed that for this game. Would think we do well for Peach bowl. 

Orange: 12-15k

Peach: 8-10k

Sugar: 6k

Cotton: 4k

Fiesta: 3k

Rose: ?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 minute ago, MMW said:

Orange: 12-15k

Peach: 8-10k

Sugar: 6k

Cotton: 4k

Fiesta: 3k

Rose: ?

(raises hand)

One...

:roflmao:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

The G5 can only play in the Peach, Cotton, or Fiesta in years they are not hosting the playoffs do to Bowl tie-ins.

The bowls that do not have tie ins make matchups based on what the committee feels are the best matchups, most likely being how to sell the most tickets and make the most money.

I would almost overwhelmingly expect a 13-0 USF team to be playing in Atlanta, unless USF is invited to a NYD bowl and the Peach is hosting the playoffs.  

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Just now, Capital H said:

The G5 can only play in the Peach, Cotton, or Fiesta in years they are not hosting the playoffs do to Bowl tie-ins.

The bowls that do not have tie ins make matchups based on what the committee feels are the best matchups, most likely being how to sell the most tickets and make the most money.

I would almost overwhelmingly expect a 13-0 USF team to be playing in Atlanta, unless USF is invited to a NYD bowl and the Peach is hosting the playoffs.  

So does this mean the G5 winner will play in the Fiesta next year?  The Orange and Cotton are the two playoff venues and Atlanta is hosting the NC game.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  19

Guys, this worries me. Lets say we go to the Orange Bowl, so easy travel. 

How many of our fans pay $250 a ticket through USF when stubhub has seats for $28. (trust me, I went to a bunch of Orange Bowls for $10 a ticket in the parking lot, I must have been to at least 15 of them). 

So, now, lets go worse case scenario, same $250 ticket in Phoenix with stubhub at $28. 

I normally save money on road games (knowing the money isn't going to USF).... but I bought my Birmingham Bowl tickets from USF, knowing that those tickets were a big part of our bowl payout. 

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Just now, Mike Stuben said:

Guys, this worries me. Lets say we go to the Orange Bowl, so easy travel. 

How many of our fans pay $250 a ticket through USF when stubhub has seats for $28. (trust me, I went to a bunch of Orange Bowls for $10 a ticket in the parking lot, I must have been to at least 15 of them). 

So, now, lets go worse case scenario, same $250 ticket in Phoenix with stubhub at $28. 

I normally save money on road games (knowing the money isn't going to USF).... but I bought my Birmingham Bowl tickets from USF, knowing that those tickets were a big part of our bowl payout. 

Its definitely a factor.  New Years 6 tickets are alot pricier than these second tier bowls.  Everyone needs to start saving NOW!