• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Rankings...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,680
  • Days Won:  14

Injuries are humbling. Even if it were reasonable to conclude that, on paper, we should win every game on our schedule next year, it would NOT be reasonable to conclude that we won't have any injuries. How many and to whom could make what should be a great season into merely a good one.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 minutes ago, Hueyhog20 said:

I agree with this. The loss will likely be on the road, I think ECU and UCF will be our most vulnerable road games to lose. At home I agree Tulsa is the team that worries me. They are very underrated and have a potent offense like us. Plus I don't think they lost anybody on their coaching staff. They will be tough next year.

While I think we should go 4-0 OOC, Illinois could surprise us because it's Lovie Smith's second season and they are bound to improve, aren't they? I'm not sure who they are losing since I don't follow them but any game against a P5 team is never a given.

I don't know that Tulsa is going to be as good as everyone on here seems to think. They lose their QB, #1 RB, and #1 and 2 WR. They had a team loaded with Seniors, They also lose 1 SR OL and 5 senior starters on defense. While they might be as good as they were this year, they have a lot more question marks than we currently have. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Hueyhog20 said:

I agree with this. The loss will likely be on the road, I think ECU and UCF will be our most vulnerable road games to lose. At home I agree Tulsa is the team that worries me. They are very underrated and have a potent offense like us. Plus I don't think they lost anybody on their coaching staff. They will be tough next year.

While I think we should go 4-0 OOC, Illinois could surprise us because it's Lovie Smith's second season and they are bound to improve, aren't they? I'm not sure who they are losing since I don't follow them but any game against a P5 team is never a given.

Illinois scares me more than Tulsa. Tulsa loses their 4 year starter at QB, who in my opinion has been the most underrated player in our conference the last couple years. They also lose their top rusher, even though they have a great junior in Brewer. Also lose their top two receivers.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Will finish between 18-20 in both polls.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 minutes ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

Illinois scares me more than Tulsa. Tulsa loses their 4 year starter at QB, who in my opinion has been the most underrated player in our conference the last couple years. They also lose their top rusher, even though they have a great junior in Brewer. Also lose their top two receivers.

Great insight! I couldn't agree more, except for Illinois scaring you....they shouldn't. Unless Jeff George, Jr. is the second coming of his father, that 3-9 Illinois team we saw this year will struggle early on, replacing 12 senior starters and 17 seniors in total on their 2 deep. 

Edited by BullyPulpit

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

I don't know that Tulsa is going to be as good as everyone on here seems to think. They lose their QB, #1 RB, and #1 and 2 WR. They had a team loaded with Seniors, They also lose 1 SR OL and 5 senior starters on defense. While they might be as good as they were this year, they have a lot more question marks than we currently have. 

Thanks for the info, I didn't know this. That's good for us, obviously.

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

I'll take any ranking. I don't believe we've ever closed a season ranked (post-bowl) - is that correct?

Finished 2007 regular season ranked in final BCS standings...then promptly lost to Oregon in Sun Bowl.  But since there were no BCS rankings after the bowls, technically we finished 2007 ranked in the final BCS rankings.

3 hours ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

Here's the way I see it.

Looking at the AP (currently #25)

-21,22,23,34 all lost, so if no one jumps us, we would slot in at 21 unless Auburn (17), Lousivlle (15), WVU (14) get penalized a lot for losing which they most likely won't because of who they are. 
-It just will come down to if any of the below 9-4 P5 teams who won their bowl games over P5 teams end up jumping us: 
-Utah (27) beat Indiana 
-Tennessee (33) beat Nebraska (24) 
-Miami (36) beat WVU (14) 
-Ga Tech (37) beat Kentucky 
-K State (38) beat A&M (30) 
-I'd like to think we move up to 21 but i know all too well the P5 bias is strong and we might get screwed by one or two of the above. If it happens, it most likely be Tennessee or Miami

Coaches Poll (Currently 22)

-Only losing team ahead of us that I see us jumping is Nebraska (21). Again, I just don't see Louisville (15), WVU (12) WMU (14) or Auburn (17) falling past 21 
-As Far as the teams who could possibly jump us: 
-Utah (23) 
-Tennesse (32) 
-Miami (35) 
-I'll go ahead and say 21 again

We could easily jump either Louisville, WVU, WMU, or Auburn.  Probably not all, but at least some.  Most of those are 3 and 4 loss teams, and.in the case of Auburn a 5 loss team.  I'm going to take a wild guess that a 5 loss Auburn that got routed in bowl, will not be ahead of USF. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715

I think we could jump WMU. Anytime a top 25 G5 teams loses a game, they fall in the polls hard. Very little room for error.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348

Just now, Hueyhog20 said:

I think we could jump WMU. Anytime a top 25 G5 teams loses a game, they fall in the polls hard. Very little room for error.

Yeah I'd like to think the same thing, but they held their own against a top 7 or 8 team after getting completely pushed around early on.