• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asst Coaching changes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, MMW said:

Glad recruiting remains a priority.  I'll say it again, it is clear we have enough talent in our backyard to dominate the AAC every year. 

We averaged 36,000 last year?  Maybe we can inch closer to 40k next year with the team being so dominant.  (Or possibly backslide because no FSU or UCF.)

Maybe we never get called up to the P5 but we should own the G5 every year.  

Yup. Jimmies and joes. Make them want to come to Tampa. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

I think having Charlie Strong alone will bring a crowd that we haven't seen in awhile.  I feel like a ton of people respect him and will want to come out that haven't had the chance to. 

17 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I think having Charlie Strong alone will bring a crowd that we haven't seen in awhile.  I feel like a ton of people respect him and will want to come out that haven't had the chance to. 

I definitely could see some long time gator fans from the area jump on the wagon and come to some games it's because of the coach. The key is to get season ticket holders or flex pass holders like that and keep them with an exciting brand of football and a program changing year. :D

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,451
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Ionbull said:

I definitely could see some long time USF Alumni / gator fans from the area jump on the wagon and come to some games it's because of the coach. The key is to get season ticket holders or flex pass holders like that and keep them with an exciting brand of football and a program changing year. :D

This ↑

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Since it's been a little slow with the coaching announcements, here's a little video and background on Matt Mattox, the new OL coach.

Looks to be a great hire!

http://www.burntorangenation.com/football/2016/11/10/13588316/matt-mattox-texas-longhorns-offensive-line-connor-williams

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I'm liking this more and more. Nothing like a head coach who's not worried about cash (as in he's well paid) and is out to prove something to the country!

Bring on the "dream team" staff, Coach Strong!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,663
  • Days Won:  108

13 hours ago, Rizman said:

Wow, Coach Bell is a good get. 

So, did this guy get canned from FAU or did we hire him away?  I'm having a hard time getting excited about an FAU coach joining our staff.  Antigua was a great recruiter at Kentucky.  We'll see if this guy can a) recruit here and b) coach here.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

7 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Antigua was a great recruiter at Kentucky.  

1st time FAU football has been confused with Kentucky basketball in the history of life,

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, DELdaBull said:

1st time FAU football has been confused with Kentucky basketball in the history of life,

It's also quite different to be 1 of 9 assistant coaches versus the guy running the program.

Strong has typically hired two DB coaches anyway. Personally, Im not judging these hires until the entire staff is officially announced

3 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

So, did this guy get canned from FAU or did we hire him away?  I'm having a hard time getting excited about an FAU coach joining our staff.  Antigua was a great recruiter at Kentucky.  We'll see if this guy can a) recruit here and b) coach here.

Word on the street is Lane Kiffin wanted to keep him around. I'm not sold on him as a straight up coach, but it sounds like he can recruit up and down the Miami//Broward area and is very well respected.