PCBull14

OCS!!!

714 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Who owns the land adjacent to the main campus, east of zach h curlin st?

wealthy home owners (those houses up and down Grandview are 7 figures)...NIMBYism would be a major issue on that side of campus, which is why Walker/Patterson was so **** perfect...Shirley Raines and RC Johnson killed that.

you have to understand that the "Park Ave Campus" was the old JFK Veterans hospital and when the VA moved downtown, that land was sold SUPER cheap to the UofM specifically so they would have land for athletic facilities...so the UofM has always maintained that if they build a stadium, that's where it will be.

one of those homes on Grandview is up for sale now...

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/42170510_zpid/globalrelevanceex_sort/35.124357,-89.922163,35.110526,-89.942719_rect/15_zm/

30 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Half the cost of their stadium was donated by 3 people ...

I wonder if there was an announcement if more of our donors would step up?

I told my wife that if she ever gets those numbers right we'll be donating a fair chunk to a stadium. So far she hasn't made enough to buy me a cold one at RayJay from her "winnings", at least not that I know of...

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

I wonder if there was an announcement if more of our donors would step up?

I told my wife that if she ever gets those numbers right we'll be donating a fair chunk to a stadium. So far she hasn't made enough to buy me a cold one at RayJay from her "winnings", at least not that I know of...

I don't think those type donors need an announcement. They either reach out to the university or the university targets them to get ball rolling. I have to think that there has been a lot of reaching out from USF over the years, with not much luck.

This reminds me of the expansion nonsense that just because we didn't hear anything from USF, they were just sitting around doing nothing about it ... which couldn't have been further from the truth.

1 hour ago, UofMemphis said:

it's because we want one, and can't have one...

nope, Memphis does not have room on campus...as I've stated we have the 'Park Ave Campus' where other athletic fields are, but it's still 1 mile from the main campus, while the Liberty Bowl is only 2 miles away.

so essentially Memphis would be paying 100 million to move to a stadium that's still a mile from campus.

(link with pics)

http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/110490-ocs/?do=findComment&comment=1522486

Ah I understand now, living vicariously. That's how I live my life too.

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Truth about what?

Those club access/cup holder boys are the ones paying the most $$$ towards USF football RIGHT NOW.

The truth that an OCS could very well be a $50-130 million dollar white elephant.

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I don't think those type donors need an announcement. They either reach out to the university or the university targets them to get ball rolling. I have to think that there has been a lot of reaching out from USF over the years, with not much luck.

Very true. My parents are good friends with the Mumas, my dad worked with Les for over 30 years. I know from talking to my dad about it a few times that Les has told him that they get specifically targeted with regards to donating. I know that for the college of business piece, it was a process that was a few years in the making. Then for the basketball center, they were targeted again specifically because of his love for basketball (and obviously being the former CEO of a fortune 500 company that is both an alumni and now a current Tampa area resident after his retirement as well). 

5 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

The truth that an OCS could very well be a $50-130 million dollar white elephant.

but give me an example of that...I can't think of one.

the FL schools like UCF and USF have a built in advantage with MASSIVE student populations...a small athletic facilities fee could pay for a big chunk of it.

I do like the idea of surveying season ticket holders, and getting the student body to vote on a football facility fee.

3 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Build the Stadium!

All kidding aside, if you want definitive proof that the foot stomping, "I want my ocs now!" bunch is wrong, look no further than this:

3 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Build the Stadium!

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

All kidding aside, if you want definitive proof that the foot stomping, "I want my ocs now!" bunch is wrong, look no further than this:

if both sides are working to better USF, there is no wrong...

3 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

the FL schools like UCF and USF have a built in advantage with MASSIVE student populations...a small athletic facilities fee could pay for a big chunk of it.

Screw that "small" fee stuff. If we build one now it should be 90% financed by the students ....