• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS!!!

Guest PCBull14

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

51 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

but give me an example of that...I can't think of one.

the FL schools like UCF and USF have a built in advantage with MASSIVE student populations...a small athletic facilities fee could pay for a big chunk of it.

I do like the idea of surveying season ticket holders, and getting the student body to vote on a football facility fee.

Virtually every single one. College athletics are a money losing proposition and even the football cash cow has most universities losing money on it.

A simple google search will show many articles like this one from this month.

http://www.ibtimes.com/college-football-public-universities-spend-millions-stadiums-despite-slim-chance-2258669

But those schools are exceptions. Most public universities lose money on their athletic programs — and many have been running up ever-bigger debt to finance stadiums. The trend has occurred even though there is little evidence that football provides major revenue for expanding academic programs or reducing skyrocketing tuition. Instead, as college football has become a multibillion-dollar business demanding state-of-the-art facilities and massive coaching salaries, it is taxpayers and already debt-burdened students who ultimately pay the bill.

“There is this notion that by building the stadium you are going to go up to some higher class of college sports, and being in this higher class of college sports you are going to get more exposure, you are going to get more out-of-state applications and you are going to get more people donating to your school or to your athletics program,” said Smith College sports economist Andrew Zimbalist, in a 2013 presentation about the economics of college stadiums.

“The problem is that the empirical data — the evidence that’s out there — is not very supportive of those claims or of those hopes,” he said.

Edited by George_Bullnard_Shaw

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

Like the CSU President said...

During the ground-breaking ceremonies at CSU, the chants of those who oppose the project could be heard from behind a distant fence. University President Frank acknowledged the controversy, saying the “criticisms caused us to check everything not twice, but three or four times, to sharpen our pencils, to reflect, to be careful, and I believe they made this project better in the end.”

after checking and re-checking do you really think all these professionals at UCF, FAU, CSU, etc would just say 'screw it' and build these things without any chance of breaking even?

I don't...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

“There is this notion that by building the stadium you are going to go up to some higher class of college sports, and being in this higher class of college sports you are going to get more exposure, you are going to get more out-of-state applications and you are going to get more people donating to your school or to your athletics program,” said Smith College sports economist Andrew Zimbalist, in a 2013 presentation about the economics of college stadiums.

“The problem is that the empirical data — the evidence that’s out there — is not very supportive of those claims or of those hopes,” he said

:roflmao:

Yet somehow, we constantly read on TBP about how "if you build it, they will come."  

Man I'm tired of being right.

Image result for man i'm tired of being right gif

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

All kidding aside, if you want definitive proof that the foot stomping, "I want my ocs now!" bunch is wrong, look no further than this:

Why haven't we broke ground yet?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743

The Glazers always hated USF.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

27 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

after checking and re-checking do you really think all these professionals at UCF, FAU, CSU, etc would just say 'screw it' and build these things without any chance of breaking even?

I don't...

Remember a few pages back when you said that neither of you were going to change the others mind?

Kinda the epitomy of doing the same thing over and over again expecting something to change...

Edited by BDYZR

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Screw that "small" fee stuff. If we build one now it should be 90% financed by the students ....

1 hour ago, UofMemphis said:

not true...corporate naming rights, and high dollar seats pay for a LOT.

Exactly ........ unless you don't have enough of either. Is any of this sinking in yet?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

5 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Where does the money come from?

Extra Obama money!!!!!

2 hours ago, UofMemphis said:

I don't...

Yet the evidence is clear that all over the country they do just that. It isn't different from municipalities supporting professional franchises. More often than not it is done for quality of life because the research is entirely mixed on the economic benefits, and very bad when compared to other economic investment.

2 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

:roflmao:

Yet somehow, we constantly read on TBP about how "if you build it, they will come."  

Man I'm tired of being right.

Image result for man i'm tired of being right gif

We live in a post-facts society bud!