• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS!!!

Guest PCBull14

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

I wonder if there was an announcement if more of our donors would step up?

I told my wife that if she ever gets those numbers right we'll be donating a fair chunk to a stadium. So far she hasn't made enough to buy me a cold one at RayJay from her "winnings", at least not that I know of...

I don't think those type donors need an announcement. They either reach out to the university or the university targets them to get ball rolling. I have to think that there has been a lot of reaching out from USF over the years, with not much luck.

This reminds me of the expansion nonsense that just because we didn't hear anything from USF, they were just sitting around doing nothing about it ... which couldn't have been further from the truth.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, UofMemphis said:

it's because we want one, and can't have one...

nope, Memphis does not have room on campus...as I've stated we have the 'Park Ave Campus' where other athletic fields are, but it's still 1 mile from the main campus, while the Liberty Bowl is only 2 miles away.

so essentially Memphis would be paying 100 million to move to a stadium that's still a mile from campus.

(link with pics)

http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/110490-ocs/?do=findComment&comment=1522486

Ah I understand now, living vicariously. That's how I live my life too.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Truth about what?

Those club access/cup holder boys are the ones paying the most $$$ towards USF football RIGHT NOW.

The truth that an OCS could very well be a $50-130 million dollar white elephant.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I don't think those type donors need an announcement. They either reach out to the university or the university targets them to get ball rolling. I have to think that there has been a lot of reaching out from USF over the years, with not much luck.

Very true. My parents are good friends with the Mumas, my dad worked with Les for over 30 years. I know from talking to my dad about it a few times that Les has told him that they get specifically targeted with regards to donating. I know that for the college of business piece, it was a process that was a few years in the making. Then for the basketball center, they were targeted again specifically because of his love for basketball (and obviously being the former CEO of a fortune 500 company that is both an alumni and now a current Tampa area resident after his retirement as well). 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

The truth that an OCS could very well be a $50-130 million dollar white elephant.

but give me an example of that...I can't think of one.

the FL schools like UCF and USF have a built in advantage with MASSIVE student populations...a small athletic facilities fee could pay for a big chunk of it.

I do like the idea of surveying season ticket holders, and getting the student body to vote on a football facility fee.

3 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Build the Stadium!

All kidding aside, if you want definitive proof that the foot stomping, "I want my ocs now!" bunch is wrong, look no further than this:

3 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Build the Stadium!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

All kidding aside, if you want definitive proof that the foot stomping, "I want my ocs now!" bunch is wrong, look no further than this:

if both sides are working to better USF, there is no wrong...

3 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

the FL schools like UCF and USF have a built in advantage with MASSIVE student populations...a small athletic facilities fee could pay for a big chunk of it.

Screw that "small" fee stuff. If we build one now it should be 90% financed by the students ....

1 minute ago, UofMemphis said:

if both sides are working to better USF, there is no wrong...

Trust me, if lob is on a side, it's wrong ...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Screw that "small" fee stuff. If we build one now it should be 90% financed by the students ....

not true...corporate naming rights, and high dollar seats pay for a LOT.

TDECU paid 15 million over 10 years for the naming rights to Houston's stadium...plus luxury seat licenses and skybox licenses.

and over 1.2 million in rent per year you don't have to pay.

Edited by UofMemphis