• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS!!!

Guest PCBull14

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

If you, your sister or brother-in-law think that FSU wouldn't have turned an OCS into "a FSU  home game" you are bat **** crazy. FSU would have outnumbered USF no matter where the game was played.

Hell yeah. There are those old schools on the land grant plots that travel so well they can make almost any game into their own home game. They'd eat up the limited seating in a USF OCS in a second. They bought season tickets just to get that one game. It's the nature of a hundred year old program with a ton of money and legislative influence in the state playing a 20 year old program in the state.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Hell yeah. There are those old schools on the land grant plots that travel so well they can make almost any game into their own home game. They'd eat up the limited seating in a USF OCS in a second. They bought season tickets just to get that one game. It's the nature of a hundred year old program with a ton of money and legislative influence in the state playing a 20 year old program in the state.

Don't forget the second hand market where Bulls season ticket holders would off load their tickets in order to make a profit. 

Edited by 206BULL
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

1 minute ago, 206BULL said:

Don't forget the second hand market where Bulls season ticket holders would off load their tickets in order to make a profit. 

Just where do you two get off with these logical comments? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

If you, your sister or brother-in-law think that FSU wouldn't have turned an OCS into "a FSU  home game" you are bat **** crazy. FSU would have outnumbered USF no matter where the game was played.

I don't have an opinion on the USF vs FSU game other than I wanted USF to win as you're an AAC team, and I have family members who are fans.

I simply think Ray Jay was a fine home for two decades as USF was just an upstart program...USF isn't an upstart anymore...you're in the AAC where teams can earn Peach and Fiesta Bowl bids...I just think it's time for USF to have their own OCS.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

You know, if you can afford your season tickets by dumping one game to an FSU person I'm not going to get on my high horse and lecture. If that's the only way someone can swing the tickets well then they showed up to more games than they would have if they didn't do that. I went to two Cup games vs. Chicago and I was sorely tempted to sell my game 5 ticket to pay for my game 1 ticket. I didn't but I really understand the temptation.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

I don't have an opinion on the USF vs FSU game other than I wanted USF to win as you're an AAC team, and I have family members who are fans.

I simply think Ray Jay was a fine home for two decades as USF was just an upstart program...USF isn't an upstart anymore...you're in the AAC where teams can earn Peach and Fiesta Bowl bids...I just think it's time for USF to have their own OCS.

Funny, I'd prefer the old Big East to the current conference. We were still that start up back then and by your logic Ray Jay was ok for us then but now that we are in a second tier conference it's not ok for us? 

I've been to USF games where Ray Jay was electric; but you know we were a start up then compared to now so...

• Upvote 1

Just now, 206BULL said:

Funny, I'd prefer the old Big East to the current conference. We were still that start up back then and by your logic Ray Jay was ok for us then but now that we are in a second tier conference it's not ok for us? 

I've been to USF games where Ray Jay was electric; but you know we were a start up then compared to now so...

Big East and Ray Jay were like chocolate and peanut butter!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

23 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Would probably be an interesting poll of ALL season ticket holders to find what they would be willing to do. Put several questions on their renewal statements.

Preference -       A(OCS)    B(RayJay)

If you chose (A) above. Additional amount per ticket -  A($10)  B($25)  C($50)   D($100).

I think this is a great idea!  I'm one of the OCS idiots so I'd go option A and unless my financial situation changes I'd go option D and could maybe stretch that.  

To me the OCS isn't about driving attendance...you may get a few more students that attend but it probably wouldn't change the non student attendance much.  For me, it's like Memphis says, it's about creating a more pure college football atmosphere and like CCS says it's your home.  College football is meant to played on campus.  I'll continue to have season tickets and donate even if we never build an OCS because I love my Bulls, but if it all possible and if the University is serious about taking the next step as a program an OCS is a must.

When I see FIU, FAU and UCF all play their games in an OCS, I say why not USF and I'm glad that apparently CCS feels the same.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

I've been to Georgia vs. Tennessee, Georgia vs. Auburn, GT vs FSU, GT vs Clemson ... and many more.  And I'm not bothered by the USF game day experience at Ray Jay.

So I simply reject your assertions that game day experience is "not college football."

You just don't want to give up your cup holder.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743

Just now, brybull1970 said:

I agree, but I don't know if that difference is worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Build the Stadium!