• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS!!!

Guest PCBull14

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

THIS is the real problem. When it comes to an OCS, I don't care if it's made on a "wine cooler budget". I just want it to be on campus. That's where college games should be played.

If you have an article about donor levels, that would be a very nice bit of information for this thread. Perhaps you could post it/them.

Your implication is that you've read one or more of these articles. Based on half of the posts on this thread, they must have read the same article(s). It must say we are the poorest University in the country.

I call B.S.

Definitely wouldnt go that far, but it's not a necessity to keep football going to have a stadium. Let's say RayJay no longer could house us; we would then have no place to go. For the sake of not shutting down the program because of a lack of venue, I bet an OCS would move quick; granted on the cheap. If an ocs gets built they want to make sure they have the real feasible space (academics does get a say in these things,) and that it would be an acceptable alternative to what the donors and fan bases have been used to downtown. I doubt folks would stop buying tickets because it's not a champagne venue, but I'm sure you need to at least consider it.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

It all just seems like a cop out to me. If Ray Jay is the standard which the new OCS will be measured against then there will never be an OCS. 

The idea that people won't go to games because it's not as nice as Ray Jay is incomprehensible to me.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

If you have an article about donor levels, that would be a very nice bit of information for this thread. Perhaps you could post it/them.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

2 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

It all just seems like a cop out to me. If Ray Jay is the standard which the new OCS will be measured against then there will never be an OCS. 

The idea that people won't go to games because it's not as nice as Ray Jay is incomprehensible to me.

Nobody said it had to be as nice as RayJay but it can't be a piece of **** like The Wok ....

My suggestion is for you to contact MH since you obviously believe an ocs is totally doable at this point in time but, for some reason incomprehensible to you, we just don't WANT to do it. Please let us know what he says.

• Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Nobody said it had to be as nice as RayJay but it can't be a piece of **** like The Wok ....

My suggestion is for you to contact MH since you obviously believe an ocs is totally doable at this point in time but, for some reason incomprehensible to you, we just don't WANT to do it. Please let us know what he says.

You seem very angry about the whole thing. I don't see why an NFL stadium with red seats and a pirate ship, that's normally only half full for Bulls games engenders such loyalty. I've been there, and it doesn't feel like college football to me.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

You seem very angry about the whole thing. I don't see why an NFL stadium with red seats and a pirate ship, that's normally only half full for Bulls games engenders such loyalty. I've been there, and it doesn't feel like college football to me.

I'm actually being very calm, considering you and Speed are doing a fine job of ignoring answers and putting words in mouths ..... I'm mellowing.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

Well, if you've been watching Memphis football all your life, you may not be the best judge of what college football looks like.

• Upvote 2

• Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I'm actually being very calm, considering you and Speed are doing a fine job of ignoring answers and putting words in mouths ..... I'm mellowing.

I simply reject your excuses like UCF and FAU did...they're both better off for it, and even Temple is starting to realize it as well.

college football in a half full NFL stadium is not college football.

But thats what makes message boards fun, everyone gets their say.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I thought the scholarship athletes playing football with college logos and colors on their uniforms was what made up college football, but that's just me.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

I simply reject your excuses like UCF and FAU did...

Someone get me some melatonin ... I have a feeling it might be hard to sleep tonight reading this.