• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS!!!

Guest PCBull14

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

UCF had to build because the Shitrus bowl wasn't an option moving forward and Temple has shelved their OCS plans... 

not as of October.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/college/Temple-presses-ahead-to-build-a-new-football-stadium-02.html

There hasn't been much news lately about Temple's attempt to build an on-campus football stadium, and that has led to the perception that not much is happening and that the idea is dying.

Temple athletic director Patrick Kraft said nothing was further from the truth.

"I get that from people that they think that [things are dying] and it is not like that," Kraft said Thursday before Temple's game against Memphis at Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium. "Nothing has changed and we continue to do what we have been doing."

Kraft described the process as ongoing.

"It's not like we hit the brakes by any stretch," he said. "We are moving forward and continue to provide information through this whole process and that has not stopped at all."

One of the biggest hurdles is working with the people in the neighborhood on several issues, including traffic.

"We are doing a lot of research, answering questions, doing traffic studies," Kraft said. "The neighborhood piece is obviously a big part of it and we continue to work with them."

Temple's agreement to play at Lincoln Financial Field expires after the 2017 season, but the school has two one-year options that could extend the stay through 2019.

N-Phila_Temple-football-stadium2.jpg

Edited by UofMemphis

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

There are tons of articles stating the opposite too

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

20 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

There are tons of articles stating the opposite too

link?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

2 minutes ago, charsibb said:

link?

Google search, "Temple stadium plans stall"  Enjoy.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

12 hours ago, tampatony said:

It's not about the students it is about building tradition at our University and giving Alumni and the general public a reason to come to USF's campus. This would hopefully create more donors, more future students, and more prestige for our University as a whole.

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

What's the ROI on that?

Alumni returning, the public visiting the campus. This may be an era that is fast closing, particularly in the era of metropolitan universities. Attendance is dropping, viewership is dropping. An OCS is as likely to be a white elephant as a silver bullet.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

35 minutes ago, charsibb said:

link?

IMG_4602.PNG

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sellular1 said:

Google search, "Temple stadium plans stall"  Enjoy.

I didn't make the claim. If you can't back it up, don't throw it out there...

43 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

IMG_4602.PNG

Look ma, I got a popsicle!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, UofMemphis said:

There hasn't been much news lately about Temple's attempt to build an on-campus football stadium, and that has led to the perception that not much is happening and that the idea is dying.

Temple athletic director Patrick Kraft said nothing was further from the truth.

"I get that from people that they think that [things are dying] and it is not like that," Kraft said Thursday before Temple's game against Memphis at Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium. "Nothing has changed and we continue to do what we have been doing."

Kraft described the process as ongoing.

"It's not like we hit the brakes by any stretch," he said. "We are moving forward and continue to provide information through this whole process and that has not stopped at all."

One of the biggest hurdles is working with the people in the neighborhood on several issues, including traffic.

"We are doing a lot of research, answering questions, doing traffic studies," Kraft said. "The neighborhood piece is obviously a big part of it and we continue to work with them."

Temple's agreement to play at Lincoln Financial Field expires after the 2017 season, but the school has two one-year options that could extend the stay through 2019.

Sounds more like just a bunch of wheels spinning ...

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

18 hours ago, Triple B said:

First, find an article about donor levels and that may clear things up for you a little. Second, for better or worse, our season tix fan base has grown up in a first class football stadium. While it doesn't have to be a mini RayJay, it can't be the glorified high school stadiums of some of these programs you keep throwing at us have. To put it bluntly, we've got champagne tastes on a wine cooler budget. Harlan will have to be a 100 times the miracle worker he was to get CCS here to make something happen anytime soon on the ocs front. 

THIS is the real problem. When it comes to an OCS, I don't care if it's made on a "wine cooler budget". I just want it to be on campus. That's where college games should be played.

If you have an article about donor levels, that would be a very nice bit of information for this thread. Perhaps you could post it/them.

Your implication is that you've read one or more of these articles. Based on half of the posts on this thread, they must have read the same article(s). It must say we are the poorest University in the country.

I call B.S.