PCBull14

OCS!!!

714 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

That stadium looked awfully good last night. Not sure why anyone would want to spend millions of dollars to build and OCS when we have a National Championship caliber stadium to play in.

I mean if you think giving students a shorter distance to travel is worth $150M then I am sure we could find better ways to enrich their lives than that.

It's not about the students it is about building tradition at our University and giving Alumni and the general public a reason to come to USF's campus. This would hopefully create more donors, more future students, and more prestige for our University as a whole.

49 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

That stadium looked awfully good last night. Not sure why anyone would want to spend millions of dollars to build and OCS when we have a National Championship caliber stadium to play in.

I mean if you think giving students a shorter distance to travel is worth $150M then I am sure we could find better ways to enrich their lives than that.

The stadium looked awesome without all the Bucs crap. They nearly hid the pirate ship too. Wish we could cover the whole stadium with USF logos/colors the way they did last night. 

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Boom.  Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm not opposed to dropping some serious coinage on an OCS some day, I just want to see some consistency out of our fan base and an uptick in donors for a few consecutive years. 

11 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

I mentioned TSA only because they would fight like hell to keep getting the events at RayJay that UofM suggested could be at our facilities.  

But no one seems to want to answer: if other schools can do it, why not USF?

1 hour ago, JB said:

The stadium looked awesome without all the Bucs crap. They nearly hid the pirate ship too. Wish we could cover the whole stadium with USF logos/colors the way they did last night. 

That wouldn't solve the problem of playing at a half full NFL stadium with red seats and a pirate ship.

Edited by UofMemphis

2 hours ago, UofMemphis said:

You're getting answers, but you are either incapable of comprehending to them, or willfully turning a blind eye to them.

I bet facilitation and need were a major part of it. UNT, FAU, FIU needed stadiums since there wasn't a feasible option nearby; USF has a very excellent one down the road. 

I just wish they would do fireworks for Bulls games! 

First, find an article about donor levels and that may clear things up for you a little. Second, for better or worse, our season tix fan base has grown up in a first class football stadium. While it doesn't have to be a mini RayJay, it can't be the glorified high school stadiums of some of these programs you keep throwing at us have. To put it bluntly, we've got champagne tastes on a wine cooler budget. Harlan will have to be a 100 times the miracle worker he was to get CCS here to make something happen anytime soon on the ocs front. 

21 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

You're getting answers, but you are either incapable of comprehending to them, or willfully turning a blind eye to them.

not true (and condescending), the reasons you throw out have been dismissed by professional ADs and Univ Presidents at places like UCF and FAU (along with others)...as a fan of a school who plays in a leased stadium that can't build a true OCS...I can't imagine why a school like USF or Temple would choose not to since they have the ability...and at least Temple is trying to change that.

Edited by UofMemphis